1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

display outfit leaderboard ? like PSU?

Discussion in 'Census: Planetside 2' started by FrenchBread, Mar 27, 2013.

1. FrenchBread

FrenchBread Guest

2. FrenchBread

FrenchBread Guest

3. FrenchBread

FrenchBread Guest

actually is there a way to show what world a particular outfit is from ? ;o

4. Feldon

Feldon Guest

You'd think there would be an easy way. ;)

I just tried the brute force method to get everything from an Outfit:
    https://census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/ps2-...er,rank,member_character,member_online_status

Then I tried resolving everything from Outfit_Member:
    https://census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/ps2-...it=1&c:resolve=character,online_status,outfit

In both cases, no World. Why? I think the problem is, world has to be resolved inside a character (ie. leader or member). I don't know a way to do a resolve inside a resolve. I tried:
    https://census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/ps2-...&c:limit=1&c:resolve=leader(character(world))
    and:
    https://census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/ps2-...reated:-1&c:limit=1&c:resolve=leader((world))

Again there may be an obvious solution I'm overlooking. If I were writing a PS2 data site based on what I see of the data, I'd have to crawl all the outfits, and then c:resolve=world on the leader of every outfit and cache that data. The lack of an Outfits leaderboard page on PS2Players page may confirm my troubles above.

Having to resolve World on a character is, in my opinion, not a good design. It overly complicates a number of lookups.

5. FeiXue

FeiXue Guest

Can I join the club? :)

6. FrenchBread

FrenchBread Guest

yeah I figured that I would have to run a separate query if I wanted to pull the world, is there a way to have a query that us 200 but only run 100 first than run the next 100 ? im thinking this can be done via some fancy php work ?

7. Feldon

Feldon Guest

&c:start=0&c:limit=100
    &c:start=100&c:limit=100
    &c:start=200&c:limit=100
    etc.

8. FrenchBread

FrenchBread Guest

interesting, thank you again feldon! =D you are of much help! :)

9. PhillyMojo

PhillyMojo Guest

Hey all,
    First, introductions... I am the Producer of the PS2 Players site, as well as one of the stakeholders of the Census API. I will be here to help out with general questions about the API and how to get the most out of it.

In terms of the Outfit leaderboards, you are all correct in assuming that it is not fully supported, yet. It is something that we will be looking at adding to the API in the very near future. We are actually starting on the implementation of the Outfits page on the Players site, and during that process I plan on working closely with the game team to surface leaderboard info to the API. So hopefully sooner, rather than later, we will have that available to you all to develop against as native support, without having to maintain data and make multiple calls to Census.

10. FrenchBread

FrenchBread Guest

that sounds great Philly! looking forward to that moment! :)

11. I know it's a month on since this was last updated but any news?

My outfit requested a cool feature on our website of outfit kill count and a kill count for individual factions. So if we say I'm NC it would be 1million total kills, 100K last month 56% of these we VS. It would be so cool to have even a snip-it of this information via the API

12. PhillyMojo

PhillyMojo Guest

We are still working thru the data schemes and what we are going to be able to surface via Census. We will be updating when we have a better idea of what will be available, and when.
    Unfortunately it is a bit of a work in progress; however we are listening to all your suggestions (and complaints), and trying to address them as best we can. Our goal is to give you all the power to create very cool sites/apps/tools to get this info out to the PS2 world!