1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Crafting is well and truely ****** in BoL

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I got Caith'ed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

How did you manage that?
    Is that the item dev?

3. Feldon

Item, Tradeskills, Mechanics. He did the spells/CAs/recipes for the expansion, so there you go.

4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

One can only hope.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Honestly, I suspect the real reason the player dungeons...I forget what that was even called now...went away wasn't leveling exploits so much as we could build a more enjoyable experience than they could.

No wonder DBG is all in on theme park MMOs. These numbskulls probably couldn't do sandbox if their lives and careers depended on it.

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, the player-made dungeons were bland boring things... because it was implimented in such a way that it never be more than decorate a dungeon and/or mindless slaughter of a bazillion tank and spank mobs.
    It had such potential to be an interesting and creative thing, but the time and effort was never spent to give players tools to do anything else.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Feldon

Dungeon Maker was so underbuilt it was silly. They showed off these pictures that strongly implied you could change the geometry of the zones at Fan Faire and then the actual feature was barely more than a handful of existing dungeons that you could place mobs in. We couldn't do trap doors, access doors, keys, vary the geometry at all, or any of the things needed in a dungeon. We couldn't make some mobs ^^ or ^^^ or do linked encounters. And then they hobbled it by forcing you to play as dungeon avatars.

I know that as Dungeon Maker was in development, the main person building it was totally against even allowing placed items to have collision because players might get stuck and contact CS. He missed the whole point of what it was supposed to be.

Georgeson sowed resentment among the EQ and EQ2 teams by proclaiming that "Players will build our content for us in EQNext. We won't need designers."

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

If anyone ever tried the player made content in CoH, STO, or NWO the Dungeon Maker was painfully bad in comparison. AE for CoH came out in 09 and was better out of the box than DM was for EQ2. Maybe they discontinued Dungeon Maker out of shame.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Dungeon Maker was a good idea that was very poorly implemented. Honestly if they weren't using it as a selling point for the expansion I don't think it would've ever been released in that state.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Feldon

11. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Good work, Feldon! And im sure many players will appreciate it, also!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

DM (Steps):

1. Stack 1,000 mobs (actually, can't remember how many were allowed, was enough for about 20 minute chunks???).
    2. Ask a guild tank to turn on auto attack.
    3. Everyone go make a sandwich and watch tv.
    4. Use tokens to buy repair kits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Dungeon Maker was most fun when you could make a level 24 SK, give it full level 22 MC gear imbued with damage procs, and pull a whole zone of 2000 mobs and it'd die to your damage shields. Could power level 0-200 AAs in like 30 mins.

If you put enough mobs in, you could cause the zone to crash due to network lag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

yeah, that was fun, got my ranger up so high that way

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Huh. Guess my memory of the thing was being kinder than deserved. Honestly I did have a bit of fun with it, more than I have from recent xpacs--which is a pretty pathetic thing, really.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Feldon

The Shadowed harvesting clicky has been increased from 5 minutes every 2 hours to 30 minutes every 2 hours.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

And an off-hand reference mentions that 25.. 25/600 is the max skill....

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  18. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Oh look Feldon, they are correcting some recipe names.:eek:

Also the tanks will have to have shadowed rares after the update to make their spells (so maybe you will have to re-fix the spells in your DB Feldon).
    Make them while you can.

19. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

30 minutes? I won't know what to do with myself; thankfully they are fixing the zoning issue.
    They will probably make the probability of getting a rare lower so that your 30 minutes will equal the same as what you would have gotten in the 5 minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Niami posted some info about how shadow nodes pop in the test server section.
    Apparantly shadow nodes only spawn when other nodes 'could' spawn.. AND they despawn after an hour. So if nobody has harvested for an hour, there will be zero shadow nodes in the entire zone.
    So spend some time harvesting where you want to shadow harvest, then spend some more time harvesting in another part of the zone.. then shadow prospect in the 'first' area....
    Or at least that's my take from what Niami posted given my knowledge of how 'regular' nodes pop.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1