1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Discussion in 'Census: Developer Announcements' started by DanKinney, Apr 16, 2012.

1. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

I would like you to know that I will be leaving SOE. My last day will be this coming Friday, April 20th.

I especially want to thank the members of this particular forum for embracing the SOE Data API and creating some great products from it. Your enthusiasm and success has really changed how SOE views this data. Going forward, every one of our games will have a strategy for delivering data to the community in order to foster a collection of applications, sites and services. This is a very, very good thing.

I have been at SOE for almost 4 years, but I have been at Sony for almost 10. This is a decision that was made with a great deal of consideration and thought. I have been very grateful for the interactions that I've had with each of you and I hope that I have helped to make things better.

The data API will continue and will have a new internal leader soon. Over time, you will find a number of new names coming into the forums to help out. I do feel that the Data Developer community is very strong and has a great deal of expertise to help out. Specifically, I want to call out the following people who have gone way beyond the call of duty to help other developers:

• Dethdlr
    • feldon30
    • Lantis
    • lokiracer
    • Quicktiger
    • Lempo

I also want to publicly thank Nandy "Zoltaroth" Szots and Greg "Rothgar" Spence for their help and support with the API over the past couple of years.

Anyway...I truly hope for only the best for each of you - individually as well as part of an incredible group of passionate and creative gamers. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

-dan

p.s. If you are interested in becoming a developer, please send an email to [url="mailto:data-feedback@soe.sony.com">data-feedback@soe.sony.com[/url] and we'll set you up.

2. Dethdlr

Dethdlr Guest

It's truly been a pleasure working with you Dan and I can't thank you enough for all the work you and the rest of the folks have done in getting the REST API off the ground.  I think I speak for everyone here when I say that you guys have given us way more capability than any of us expected.

I wish you all the best in your new position at GM.

Safe travels

3. Lantis

Lantis Guest

Sorry to see you go Dan - we'll definitely miss you!  I wish you the best with your new job, and thank you for everything :)

4. feldon30

feldon30 Guest

It's hard for me to read this, because I know how strongly Dan advocated for us and fought for this service to be as awesome as it is now. But I know Dan will take that passion wherever he goes and GM will be better for it.

Thanks for making this such a tremendous experience and putting in the hours to make this such a successful service! You've made a lot of folks happy.

5. Dark_Grue

Dark_Grue Guest

Dan,

Thank you for being a huge part of setting us upon this path. Opening this aspect of the game up to the community was a huge step forward.

Best of luck in your future endevors!

-DG

6. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

Thanks all!  I appreciate the kind words.  I expect that the awesomeness will continue to grow.  In fact, I demand it!

-dan

7. Dethdlr

Dethdlr Guest

Dan,

Any truth to the rumor that the 24 hour downtime on Monday is actually SOE mourning your departure?  :)