1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bimonthly Patches?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Whilemena (sp?) posted that some of the changes on live haven't even hit test yet and that they're one patch behind.
    I found that mildly interesting. Not that I'm suggesting they'd lie to us, that would never happen ... but wasn't that one of the reasons for only patching every couple of weeks?

I think they're all totally useless at this stage. That they still haven't fixed 'curse' in Sambata zones is pathetic. That's been in patch notes almost since BoL was released.

Nice testing Devs. Golf clap.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

They are altering the con. Pray they don't alter it any further.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Test has been at least a patch behind since BoL dropped, they caught up once, then fell back again. Not like they can test any of the raid or heroic centric "fixes" anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I can not wait for the BGs to come after this one and try and refute anything said.

Gninga -
    “It's Grr, Bark, Bark, Grr...

Please do not take his advice and please do /bug and /feedback.”

Me -
    Why? Honestly, why? Is that going to get the player crafted armor and weapons fixed? It's obviously broken, just like all of the other itemization in BoL, and its been bugged and fedback since beta. There was as much thought put into itemization as there was in the copy/paste job on the list of item changes in the patch notes update today.

Is it going to get Alchemists new poisons? Obviously you have the resources to make them since they're on the raid merchant.

Is it going to get the rare harvest chance in BoL zones fixed for the rest of the nodes besides roots?

I would be ashamed if the vast majority of items I took the time to create were either never going to be made, and I promise some of these MC fabled items will never be made, or instantly transmuted/salvaged. The team has managed to nullify three crafting classes, relegate 4 more as sacrifices to the RNG gods, and turn one into an ammo dispensary. There's barely even a reason to make potions since we're overflowing with them from Overseer missions. I can make enough ammo for myself and the entire server in 15 minutes to last until Fippy breaches the walls of Qeynos. Not that it makes a huge difference between what's available and what I can grab off a merchant.

There's as much reason to /bug /feedback as there is to level my weaponsmith past 110. I'd been better off leaving the armorsmith, weaponsmith, and tailor at 100 so they could do writs for faction since you all decided to take that away as well.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Blood of Luclin Raid (Continued)
    - All Blood of Luclin raid zones are once again open and all raid bosses have returned up to Ssyre in Ssraeshza's Harrowed Halls [Raid]. Bosses returning will likely not return in previously saved instances. The majority of raid targets will likely be less challenging than when previously fought.

How the ever loving **** do you not know whether or not bosses will/will not return, or raid targets will/will not be less challenging?

These people are supposed to be professionals. They have the nerve to charge money for this.

• Agree Agree x 9
  6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Oh, they completely fubared raids anyway. I bet somebody about this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

Where are they going to find time to test? They’re on a grueling weekly update schedule!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Didn't you shake your head at him posting in that thread though? With all the threads in Bug Forums and elsewhere, he chose that thread to try and be amusing and appear human in, and it's obvious he either doesn't understand sarcasm (Gillyman) or he didn't even read it.
    I was horrified you liked his post. I hope your finger slipped on that one.

And telling us to /bug or /feedback? wtf for? Really what have they fixed since the introduction of BoL, that they haven't broken something else, or failed to fix the problem? I still can't believe spells are missing from recipe books, honestly how hard and how long would that take to fix?

And the failed attempt at fixing curse .. Chrol, ever so amusing with his 'should be' fixed next patch ... jfc honestly fire the lot of them and get some trained monkeys, at least they'd have better personalities.

I'd be ashamed to be any of them. They make me mad.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Me liking his post is like me liking one of my ex's pics on IG from her trip to Miami with her new boyfriend because she was in my DMs 3 minutes before that. It's like look, babe, I know he's broke and has the vocabulary of a dried out log, but he wants to get married so you go on with your yoga teaching self. I still got the lease to your studio in my safety deposit box. ;)

Edit - and yeah I was in full "SMH" mode.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

I thought Feldon always said they can’t get anyone else because the code base of the game is so stupid no one else can understand it, but at this point the dumpster fire is raging so does it matter if someone new with good intentions ****s it up versus our existing overlords with bad intentions... ****ing it up anyway?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

But that was the whole point of shifting to a bi-monthly patch schedule, so they'd have time to test and fix ****. (no one believed they'd get more **** fixed)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Overseer changes have been on Test for 19 days. They still managed to not get that completely correct.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  13. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

Yep, so since that’s not doing it, better go to a monthly schedule! But it’s too short notice to do that next week so no patches until April...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  14. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

Haven't you heard? Darkpaw is giving up patching for Lent....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Correct!

To wit, yesterday's test update notes:

Test Update Notes: Tuesday February 25, 2020 | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

When seeing what the Raid Merchant has to offer the following thought came to me.

The don't have time to start a class balance for adventure classes so they started one for crafter classes.

Step 1 - Phase out the Alchemist Class

(I posted the same on the OF)

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Meh. IMO, they're phasing out most crafting altogether.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I wonder what happened to Bunji and Jamiss? Seems Thordalf and Asterix have been posting the updates since Dec or so.

Maybe they're working an Unreal project?

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2