1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bimonthly Patches?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

You can also see the same pattern with the number of followers on twitter

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Cast just looked at the EQNext subreddit, you know, the one that's been locked for most of its existence, and there are roughly 2k more subbed to that than the EQ2 one.

• Funny Funny x 7
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

If I may add the final insult:

[​IMG]

A "dead" game that lives on in rogue servers gets 5x the traffic.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Not to denigrate other fansites, subs, etc or those who run/maintain them, but it speaks to the state of things in EQ2 right now when dead and resurrected games have more traffic and interest than one that's supposedly thriving - if you listen to the Bubble Gnomes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I finally took a moment to meander through lots and lots of threads on the OF.

There are a LOT of people coming out of the woodwork with "I've reached my limit" posts. The comments encompass all of it: the further encroachment of shop-coercion, knowingly selling a game that is ridiculously broken, itemization, the marginalization of crafting, and of course all the rng bullshit.

It's also nice to see these folks slapping down the bubble gnome diehards when they bring their bullshit in defense of all this.

This game is NOT worth $500 + DLC+ Sub for the quality delivered. Hell, even raiders have been locked down for 2 months. This is crazy.

• Agree Agree x 9
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

After 18 posts in 2 days in the one thread she seems to have vanished again. However, I did encounter another wall of toxic pink text today from a poster not seen since last July. Is it catching or is it a sock account?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

When determining the probability of a sock account, there are some things to look out for:

1. Word usage: not just the same word(s), but the same type of words. For example, I love words and I tend to stray into 'uncommon' fairly often.

2. Sentence structure and punctuation: Short sentences? Long sentences? Proper use of punctuation? I tend to string several short statements together into a longer sentence via liberal use of the comma.

3. Repetitive typos: This is one that often trips people up because either they don't realize they're not spelling the word correctly to begin with, or they habitually type in such a way that transposes letters. (teh, theri, fo)

4. Last and most important: Tone. The first three can be overcome with a bit of conscious effort, but it's a LOT more difficult to consistently change the tone with which one 'speaks' online.

This has been a community service broadcast, you may now return to you regularly scheduled programming.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

The only problem with all of that being that I would actually have to read the walls of toxic pink to make a determination. I was hoping somebody might recognize the posters and save my eyes the strain :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

This patch seems pretty action packed:
    • Raid Changes (We can finally Progress!)
    • Kakadim EoF expac release
    • Raid merchant
    • Epic 2.0 spells for all 120 level people
    • Database performance tweak
    • Refined equipment fix
    • and more

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Aaaand the new adornments and consumables?
    The adornments are buggy (and expensive)
    [​IMG]
    and the consumables are just potions and link that should be craftable
    All cost raid tokens.. so there is still nothing to spend the PQ and instance tokens on...

And the armor that is unlocked depending on your quest progression... is by toon. And is, literally, the same piece that the quest it checks gives you as a reward... o_O

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Shocked Shocked x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Imagine my shock...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  12. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The expendables /consumables are buggy as well, they disappear once bought from the merchant....
    If the bi-monthly patch was to enhance the patches well think again......

First we had Familiar/Merc/Mount training..now we have Overseer Training (sort of ) as well.....

The Overseer system is now officially P2W (as if wasn't clear before), the celestial agents (Premium edition can get you all 4 straight away) enhance now the missions and loot table........

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Overseer training? I missed whatever that is..

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I have only read about it on discord..you can somewhat feed the treasury agents with no traits to higher agents.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, I see Caith has resumed posting his text walls of minor changes to gear (EOF).

Step one: Run script.
    Step two: Copy print output.
    Step three: Annoy people.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

They have to bulk up the patch notes so it looks like they're actually doing something.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I think the last craftable poison my 120 Alchy can make is what, lvl 92 ish? Yet, they have the damn nerve to put 120 poisons on the raid merchant. I think that pisses me off more than anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I kinda appreciate the pettiness of it.

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Adornments that should be craftable: can be bought with raid tokens.
    Potions/Poisons that should be craftable: now bought with raid tokens.

P.........2...........W...........Raiding..........Game.

Edit:

Well, I guess you guys are getting plenty of potions dropping from overseers. Zynt, your alchemist has been laid off, sir.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I don't see anyway to do this. I just tried everything I could think of. The extra agents in my shared bank seem to work just like they always have.