1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Bimonthly Patches?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

You will find time. Thank you.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

How over the top are the graphics?
    I've always had a problem with the SWORDS BIGGER THAN HOUSES!!!!! graphics style that is so common in many anime themed games...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

The UI is petty customizable, but a little complicated to learn. One of the first things I had to figure out how to do was break up the enemy name/health/ability bar and put their ability bar in a place where I could actually see what they were casting without having to take my eyes off of what I was doing.

As far as people wanting to know about the anime-intensity of the game; I'd honestly say it's significantly less egregious than other Asian titles out there. It's super jarring at first, coming from a game like WoW where everyone is butt-ugly, and then being on FFXIV, where everyone's a bit pretty for my tastes. That said, it's not an over-the-top double-D jigglefest with angel wings plastered all over everything. Most of the glamours are very subdued, albeit you'll always find your fair share of freakshows on any game.

In my opinion, the game's biggest flaw is how generic/sub-par all of the introductory content is -- made to look even worse by how great all of the Stormblood/Shadowbringers content is by comparison. Different voice actors, different style, different budget, etc.

4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It's not that bad honestly. At least not in the beginning. The female characters aren't too overly serialized either. My monk in eq2 is a way bigger looking trollop than my starter FFXIV archer. Give me time though.

Edit - I swear I typed, "sexualized."

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Not over the top at all. Weapons (so far as I've seen) are proportional to your character. The character models are a touch too anime for my taste, but only a touch. The world is simply gorgeous and blows EQ2 out of the water. There is a silly floating cartoonish creature called a moog that gets on my nerves but that is the Asian influence, and there aren't that many of them so easy to ignore. One thing I do miss is an appearance wardrobe. Gear sets are easy to both set up and switch to, but it would be good to have appearance slots.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Just perused FFXIV stuff on youtube. The stylization doesn't look that bad. I mean it's there, but it's not a big deal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I thought what I saw of FFXIV was alright. I've just never been able to get in to the JRPG thing so it didn't stick with me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

On the upside, Thurgadin's been down for 8+ hours. It's that same login/zoning/lag crap that's been a problem for years and that quite literally seems to strike random servers.

Of course, no communication from the staff other than the RED server down message at the top of the OF.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Good King Moogle Mog raid thing. DOOOOO EEEET!!!

(I did normal mode. It made me a bit @.@)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Also, all you guys should hook up and form an EQ2Wire Gang FC.

Just sayin.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I don't agree with the world looking better than EQ2. But different strokes for different folks, or if you're Clarence Carter, all the strokes.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This guy likes it. Obviously. But he does a pretty good job giving a crash course from top to bottom.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

The appearance wardrobe is called "glamours." Think of a glamour plate as the FF version of an EQ2 Appearance Set. For example - here's my catboy archer, wearing Cloud's outfit. You can also create a glamour from any piece of equipment you can equip.
    [​IMG]

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

FFmichistar.jpg

Cat-boys unite!

• Like Like x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

These catboys......no, no, no, no. Nothin' right about any of that.

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Aha! Something else for me to investigate, thanks!

Yeah, I do prefer the look of the world to that of EQ2. Cleaner, sharper, water has proper ripples and effects, stone looks like real stone, flowers and grass render beautifully, just love the environment graphics.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Ugh. I just uninstalled the game.

18. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Did the uninstaller work for you? When I uninstalled it after I checked the monument it wouldn't work. I just kept getting an error.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I was talking about FFXIV. Those catpeeps made me vomit in my mouth a little. As far as EQ2 goes, I'll be damned if I can get it to uninstall. Plus, there's two versions of it installed. I can't get either uninstalled. I've got laptops that are a decade old with EQ2 still on them.

20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Can you just delete the folder?