1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Raid Best Heal Class this XPAC?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Inire, Dec 14, 2016.

?

Best Heal Class

Poll closed Dec 21, 2016.
  1. Defiler

78.6%
  2. Mystic

21.4%
  1. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

is probably the shamans due to the stupid overpowered uncapping of crit.

discuss.

2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Defiler. Far more general warding, dps, and decent healing outside of wards (Maelstrom & Nightmares so strong).

Mystics I see no real point for in any way.

Channelers pretty strong too if played well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Defiler is easy-mode healer this expac. I've got a 9.5k pot defiler that I barely know how to play (keep wards up, watch time, keep nightmars and malestorm rolling to heal the bleedthrough) and I can face-roll heal fights that my 14k potency warden I know like the back of my hand can't manage. :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

My own experience so far is Defiler is extremely easy and good, but channeller (for the first time ever) does so much HPS/intercept and amazing aoe damage its almost laughable. We fall behind on ST though.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Drdope

Drdope Guest

Defilers are the best healers because they both ward and heal. Wards effectively increase the groups HP and then they have group heals too. Unless and until the Devs give other healing classes this same functionality, Defilers will always be the best healers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lojask

Lojask Member

Construct's Sacrifice, the prestige move-when-cast skill that is now a massive pot boost, the prestige skill that buffs vengeful arrow when using shadow escape, and ascension skills can buff ST damage a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It is truely depressing. I swapped to my 9.6k defiler to run baron's workshop because my 14k warden couldn't hack it. Adds coming out of the walls one-shotting people... curse from they flying mouth hitting between 2 and 7 mil every 3 seconds... if a person goes below 25% health the curse becomes cureable and jumps (either after killing them or being cured).
    I have never been so disheartened about the state of healing :(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Daalilama

Daalilama New Member

Well state of healing last few xpacs is directly linked to the simple fact that no dev plays a healer...otherwise we wouldnt be in the spastic case we got now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Inire

Ahh... Daalilama... never thought I would see you being unhappy about healing.

the one that broke my hopes for Templars was the broken/non-triggering heals on some of the reactives. First time i saw that was Fabled Djinn Master. Literally was standing on the tank, and none of the reactives hit. They would land on the tank, but not trigger. Had to move to Repent and direct heals only for that whole fight.

the state of healing needs to be examined. I am just unsure of how it will go.

note that Kander DOES have every class in the game, but he seems to prefer dirge. AFAIK he's the only one with a healer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

But does he actually heal groups with them. I've got two tanks, but I don't actually tank with them...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Inire

no idea. he just said in discord that he has every class in the game, that he has played all of them, and that he dislikes PLAYING summoners.

edit: added PLAYING for clarity, since much qq ensued from this misquote.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  12. Ebur

Ebur Guest

Mystic !!!!! best heal ERVER ... I love my Mystic .... but ok maybe for the OT - group ...
    EBUR is the best :)