1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone seeing what the PoP highest dps class will be?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Every expac a class seems to be higher dps than the other dps classes.
    Any insights into which class this may be for POP?
    Thinking of making my secondary a BL. I finished all the warders training and am currently doing Epic 1.0 (almost done), just wondering if it is worth it.

2. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

do the base classes matter anymore? thought it was all about the ascension classes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Ethereali$t.

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. Ansom

Ansom Member

lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I'm gonna go with a hunch and say the guy who masters the new ascensions skills first.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Visa/MC/Amex

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

poor Alarra, asked a question in the shitpost section.

BL is a great class, very different from other classes. in my opinion, you should play a class that you enjoy playing. if you find that BL is what you enjoy, then by all means, do it.

if your enjoyment comes from having the best parse, i would have a wait-and-see policy.

8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Shitposting -- posting something just for the laugh with no intention to contribute to the actual conversation.

The problem is Ascension is so game-breaking that player power can now be determined by available credit balance and willingness to buy success. Life imitates sarcasm.

In all seriousness I don't know if anyone has taken a hard look at the upcoming class changes. It sounds like not much is changing at all after Caith admitted that the class balance and ability consolidation which they promised in April has completely slipped from the schedule and so level 101 to 110 it's just going to be more of the same.

Also interesting that they said the word pre-order about 100 times during the most recent Livecast but didn't once spare a word to advise players that any improvement to classes had been dropped from the schedule. Selective memory I guess.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

From what i've been able to see, class balance and mechanics in PoP are essentially the same as KA. Healing is screwed up in the same way, utility classes are still mostly useless (chanters still have the worst power feeds in the game), tank aggro is still problematic (though there will slightly fewer issues actually 'on pull' due the rising tide charm changes). I haven't compared various dps classes, but given the lack of change elsewhere, I don't foresee any radical changes there either

*snort* As far as the livecast.. that wasn't about PoP or beta.. that was almost 100% about the 'goodies' available for various expac packages.
    That was the least informative expac livecast I've ever seen for eq2...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Yeah, I was kinda taken aback by the acid.

I was expecting, Necro or Assassin or BL or something other than what I got lol. I know you guys mean well, and the state of the game is what you say, was just a little disheartening to get that kind of feedback.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

If it's the same as KA, it's conjy and ranger.

12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

To be fair, I don't think it was intended as acid. While the initial responses didn't answer your question directly, they did accurately represent the current situation in the game, and what's likely to continue in the expansion. There's just more pragmatism and less wishful thinking on this side of the forum fence.

With the way the Ascension classes have been implemented, and the method of progression, he who's willing to pay the most cash wins (faster).

If you have a reasonable amount of progress on a class you enjoy, pick that one, and just work on your Ascension.