1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone care to copy and paste the new survey they sent out?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Wurm, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Since they have decided sending it to all paying customers isn't a priority, I'd like to read it.

2. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

It's the same as the last one, from what I hear.

EQ2Wire ยป EverQuest II 2017 Survey

My feedback (which can't be said on the game forums) summarized: Fire Holly immediately, hire more developers, delay content release until major bugs, class balance, bloated stats, itemization, and basic QoL are adequate enough to move on for new content.

Building a structure on a mountain of bandaids is currently what the game is. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I'm always curious what people think Holly does.
    Spoiler: She is a producer. She monitors the StationCash Marketplace and deals with the money and clearing obstacles so that the EQ2 devs can do whatever they're gonna do. She is not a gatekeeper of ideas. She does not plan expansions. The copy-pasta extremely vague producer's letter last year should have made that abundantly clear. Also she is busy with EQ, EQ2, and possibly another project. I say that based on her absence from the EQ2 forums and Twitter in the last year compared to prior years where she had some interaction.

As for why EQ2 is on its current trajectory, there doesn't seem to be anyone saying NO to bad ideas. We used to have Holly as EQ2 producer with Georgeson producing EQ/EQ2/EQN-L. Akil "Lyndro" Hooper was creative director, and Kander was lead designer just doing designs and planning. Now we have Kander doing just as much dungeon/raid/quest creation as any other designer which means there's nobody standing back with the perspective to ask "is this right for the game?" There doesn't seem to be a wide-angle lens.

Kander, Caith, and Gninja seem to just be barreling forward growing player power by a factor of 100x every year, focusing on stuff that they think would be fun or would like to see. Or they get on some kind of personal mission to change the game without understanding the ramifications. For example Gninja and Caith took Kander's directive to de-emphasize autoattack as the primary damage for scouts and they took it and ran with it, reducing it from 60% of damage to 1% of damage in 18 months. Now a half dozen stats are totally worthless except for certain Bard and Geomancer specs. Might as well put an AA that caps them all and then remove them from all items. Oh but that would screw up TLE.

I agree that the brakes need to be thrown and we need some sanity to be reinjected into the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

That would also mean that reading item stats isn't a game of who skim reads the fastest.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

I agree, I don't think there's anyone left asking that important question, "Is this right for the game?". No one is taking responsibility or explaining anything. Very little effort in considering the longevity of the game, if any at all.

I made this image over a year ago as a joke to some doom and gloom posts on the EQ1 forum, long before Landmark even launched.

EDIT: Jeez posting an image is tough and buggy for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Feldon

Wow they've made it really hard to embed.

[​IMG]

7. Feldon

She sure got butch since the last time I saw her.

• Winner Winner x 1