1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Producer Letter

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

We get them posted more often but there's a lot of cut and paste and nothing particulary new or exciting. And I think there might be less exclamation marks ...

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Definitely getting more info further in advance.
    Less of the hyperbolic "There's great stuff coming but we can't tell you because that would be spoilers!"

4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I'm not sure how this classes as more than Holly?

1 GU (1 Solo, 1 Heroic, 1 x2, 1 Raid)
    Panda
    Expansion Prelude

New shop

The top 3 of those have been happening in these months for the past what, 8 years? No expert zones, no ethereals.

5. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I thought they meant more communication which I would absolutely agree with. Definitely more communication since Holly left, more substance in the communication too. Not sure about more content though, I think the team is doing about as much as they can with the few resources they have.

6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Exactly. We're getting more info sooner, but the amount of content per year isn't going to go up. The style and mechanics of the content is set by the current creative team. They know they aren't going to win back any old players, so they are producing what their current players seem to be content with.

As long as EQ2 is "homework quest" that punishes alting, loads up heroic zones with one-shot kills, raid mechanics, and harsh gear checks, peppers the game with pay-to-win mechanics, and maintains an opaque gearing system with tooltips that cannot be trusted, I don't see myself returning. But clearly enough players are OK with these points or find them "challenging" rather than abusive, so maybe they're doing something right.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

They're currently in the process of destroying holiday events by changing the quick and easy alt friendly content into bored endgamers content filler.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    • Shocked Shocked x 2