1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

ACT and Proving Grounds...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Airros, May 27, 2017.

1. Airros

Airros New Member

Has anyone figured out how to make ACT work with Proving Grounds (PG)? It seems to work for heals but not for DPS. Maybe a new Plugin for PG?

2. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

The numbers for damage are simply not in the log files, the entire lines are missing.
    Thus there is nothing there for ACT to pick up, and a different parsing plugin won't help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Airros

Airros New Member

Ah, thanks, I didn't even bother to look at the logs...wonder why they did that...

4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The added the damage numbers to the logs about 2 weeks ago.

5. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

I don't see this.
    I see wards, I see heals, I see Bleedthrough. I can't see outgoing damage of mobs or myself.

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They must have changed it again.. I've been out of town for almost 2 weeks, but I remember seeing dps numbers showing up before I left.

7. Airros

Airros New Member

I looked, there is no DP Sin the logs as of right now, like Uyaem said originally... I would think its to keep people from Blackballing others.

People are using some sort of exploit (legal or not) that are bypassing the scripts doing insane damage, for sub 4 min runs. I saw one that was 3:50 today, it was retarded fast. Not sure what DBG will do next about it Though.

8. Caam

Caam Member

I suspect that they are trying to use the PG as a source of data on balancing classes. They can see the basic numbers without all of the inflation. If they are doing this, I also would expect them to start making adjustments to the damage numbers to see the impact. If we are able to see the DPS numbers, we would see what adjustments they are trying and go ballistic when we see any of our DPS numbers change. "OMG they reduced the damage of my MEGANUKE by 1 point!! I'm going to be nerfed!! /ragequit".

• Like Like x 2
  9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Who knows why they do any of the things they do. They have some strange ideas about what's fun, what would bring back old players, what would keep current players happy. They seem to be designing a game for people who quit in 2007 I dunno.
    I believe this was temporary for testing purposes.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Feldon

Well so far they've moved Defilers from "only healer you need" to "might get a group slot if really talented".

11. Caam

Caam Member

Ok. So my quote was a bit off. "OMG they made my wards 75% bleed-through!! I've been nerfed!! /ragequit".

12. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

So they hid damage in order to prevent ACT abuse? (I don't even know what ACT does, assuming it's EQ1's version of MQ)

Or if it's as Feldon says, not even Developers can see it unless it's enabled, meaning they're trying to minimalize data spam to keep lag down. Or it could be both.

13. Feldon

Advanced Combat Tracker reads your log files and charts out all the healing, damage, etc. your character and the characters in your group/raid are doing. Truly a nefarious program which should be banished! Except when players find game bugs with it. Which is often.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

Oh, so it's instead like EQ1's GINA program. Reads logs and signals audio messages from the output. Way better than inputting each audio trigger in EQ1's built-in system, which is done manually by each and every player.

NEFARIOUS!... I'd use it.