1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Ethereals

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pale Rider, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

All I can say is the people still playing EQ2 are true champions of tolerance. I don't know how they do it any more.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Aaaand yup... the mystic rune...
    2 group buffs.. both of which do NOTHING for healers...
    1st Buff:
    fervor boost for all targets of heals
    If target is not a Priest (that's an actual exact line from the rune)
    2nd Buff:
    Gives ADC to scouts and fighters
    Gives CB overcap to mages

Words... just... damn...

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The upgraded Runes:
    ethereal2020

If i asked which class got screwed...right rangers... how did you know that ?

If i would ask you further which already top classes (BLs & Monks) got the best of it... you are right!

Thats the promised class "unbalance" for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

They really didn't change the Monk rune. The big thing there is the added damage to hate and hate position abilities. It's most likely going to be more dps than the destruction set. As a Monk I love it but it is way OP.

5. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Holy cow. These things went from "irritating must-grind" to "utter garbage" in the space of a couple of xpacs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I can't complain about them now personally. They are no longer a "You must have this or you suck for a whole year until you get the new ones".

They are definitely are a joke though. They really don't give a **** any more do they.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I get the sense that a lot of people are ready to walk away.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup... I've finally let myself be talked into trying out Final Fantasy XIV.... actually subbed to it this morning.
    I won't ditch EQ2 this expac, because I feel a responsibility to my raid-mates, especially as a healer, but chances that I buy the next expac are very very small at this point.
    NOTHING I've seen from the devs gives me any reasonable hope that healing isn't going to be as bad or worse next expac.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  9. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Kander just came into the Discord Chat and he was pissed at player for calling the Runes garbage/trash/useless....

He said literally " As for the runes. They in constant flux and worked on. We aren't even sure they stay in game".

The pressure and dislike for the Runes from the community is a bit much for Kander.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Don't like it? Don't Rune it

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Even better, that means if they DO go in and somehow end up useful, they might change them.. because 'they are in constant flux'... o_O
    How are people supposed to test or give feedback if stuff is constantly changing.. oh, that's right, they don't WANT feedback, they want praise and 'this is a bug' feedback and nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He's garbage.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  13. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Yeah, that's just..... I mean, how the heck are you supposed to plan for your toon's improvement, if something like this is always in flux?

Here's an idea, Einstein: Instead of constantly reviewing and adjusting runes or your other sekret sauce bullshit you try to hide from players, maybe you should concentrate on tuning and balancing content?!

Unhappy players should be a freakin' red flag to him, not an excuse to lash out like my 3 year old when he doesn't get his way.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Reminds me, next time I get around to logging in for the f2p crate, I need to remove all the prestige runes I had. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

The only feedback they have ever wanted goes something like:

"You know that really awesome thing you did? Well, there is a teensy weensy flaw and it doesn't work well...but it's still great and amazing on all levels, just like every thing you do. We are so privileged to be able to pay you our hard earned money every month. Thanks for always doing every thing perfectly and never being wrong about any thing."

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

From Wulf over on the OF, "Beastlord stuff HAS to be good - 'cause it'll help drive more customers to pay to unlock the Beastlord class."

Winner, winner, baked chicken dinner cause I've gained 20lbs. and my svelte, 155lb., waifish figure is in jeopardy.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

How Kander is still a producer with such display of incompetence is actually a miracle.

It must be because he is one of 3 people in the world that can understand just some of the mess that is the eq2 code.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

They'd have to actually produce some first ...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  19. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

No, I think it's just another sign of imcompetence really.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

Have said it before, but I think someone with no experience with the code and no malice might do better, even if by accident, than the existing Kander does on a normal day. At least the unexperienced person that came in fresh wants to be there.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1