1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Games....

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Fuli, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Speaking of fantasy BR, THIS game looks cool :)

2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

AoC: Node systems

3. omuteef

omuteef Member

Just found this thread!! i made the jump to ESO 2 months ago as there was a MMO void that needed to be filled. The game is so large and so much to do. It did take a month to get used to the combat mechanics but all in all its great. For someone like me that has limited play time now and loves doing dungeons its great. everything scales so i just que up and boom in a group doing content. Sometimes i get a group full of high end players and its a fast run sometimes i get peeps my level and we work to finish the zone.
    @omuteef is the handle if anyone wants to hit me up

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Latest AoC live stream. Seems they've remedied the big Apoc problems (ex. sieges ....hopefully) and are in the polishing phase.

5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Not sure how many Borderlands fans there are here, but BL3 gameplay reveal was couple of days ago. Few key things;

• No microtransactions of any sort.
    • Much much larger than previous games.
    • Ability to slide/climb.
    • Lost Loot machine (For items missed/fallen under world etc.)
    • Sticking to its heritage of Looter/Shooter.
    • Guns have 2 firemodes now to switch between. Tediore weapons when reloaded have fun effects (guns on legs).
    • 3 new action skills for classes. Can be equipped for the situation at hand.
    • Claptrap is back.

6. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

My only gripe about Borderlands was how hard it was to figure out if your loot items stats were an upgrade, side grade or trash.

7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well it seems like a typical MMO from what I can see of his description and it is his first MMO, so there will be some bias there.

For me I guess once EQ2 finally goes down the gurgler with large funneling noises or my EQ2 guild stops raiding for good I will go back to single player games.

9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Looking at this one, I was like, this is what a livestream should be like. Even though the Gearbox CEO has a bad rep, he can do a decent livestream, and the game looks nice.

With the livestream there was no shooting from the hip, wondering "what should I do next" faces, professionally done.

I also hear from ARS Technica that the guy who does Claptrap's voice acting this time around is different.

10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I'm enjoying ESO quite a bit.

Of course I also still enjoy FO76 from time to time, so what the hell do I know...

11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

For the people here that plays GW2 there is a dx12 wrapper you can install. It have improved my fps and looks of the game quite a lot, specially in the big fights in wvw or open world meta events where there is a lot of things to "draw" on the screen.

It is open source and I haven't noticed any stability issues with the client.

Check it out if you want:
    megai2/d912pxy

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  12. TechUp

TechUp New Member

*continues to pace the room waiting to throw money at the developer*

I play Divinity Original Sin 2 which is made by the same developer and it's a solid game. I really look forward seeing what they do with Baldur's Gate. I loved the first two and enjoy D&D as a whole so this hopefully will be good. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!
    don't get excited, you'll just end up disappointed...
    I know, but, OMGOMGOMG!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  14. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I see an intro movie and nothing about the actual game itself

15. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Intro movie is kind of.. odd.. considering that illithid don't work that way ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

"Is three a reimagining? A straight sequel? How much are you taking from the originals?

SV: The previous Baldur's Gate games were based on Dungeons & Dragons 3.5. We're now Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition. A lot of stuff has happened in Forgotten Realms. A lot of stuff has happened in Baldur's Gate, so this is going to be a new entry."

E3 2019: Baldur's Gate 3 Aims To Do What No Other RPG Has

I think I'm out, actually. I don't feel like explaining what all is wrong with that short excerpt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

If it's not a continuation of the Baldur's Gate story, then choose another title instead of using nostalgia manipulation that will inevitably result in disappointment and get your game panned.

You'd think they'd have learned these things by now. But I guess 'enough' people fall for it every time to make it worth the damage.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

19. Tohopka

Tohopka New Member

Hey Fuli, you still doing ESO??? im only on there occasionally doing my crafting writs daily till weekend mornings, I've actually gone back to FFXIV though. I love the community there and at least the devs care about the game.

20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Not so much. Not a "not fun" issue - I love ESO. Mostly a time issue.

Sadly, my only mmo experience these days is trolling DBG when I'm dinkin around on my phone, etc.

• Funny Funny x 1