1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

tuple (name.first, locationdata.world) not unique?

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Quicktiger, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

Howdy.  I've found some oddnesses in my little sampling of character data.  It seems that searching for the tuple (name.first, locationdata.world) is not unique.

For example, "Kinda" who plays on the "Freeport" server comes up as two different characters, with id values of 2168961881873 and 502512047391.

Searching for each of these shows no critical differences in the XML output.

So, if I needed to find the character "foo" on server "bar", and wanted to find the one that is possibly playable, what would I want to sort by and c:limit=1 to?

2. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

Hmmm...that seems bad.  They actually seem like 2 different characters.

Check out this query:

census.daybreakgames.com/yaml/get/eq2/character/?name.first=Kinda&locationdata.worldid=505&c:show=displayname,last_update,locationdata,guild

I'll have to dig deeper with the game team.

-dan

3. Lantis

Lantis Guest

Just a theory: is it possible that the person logged off from the character, deleted it from the game, then either server transfered or created a new one with the same name?  Since characters only get updated on login/logoff/zoning, then I'd think it never got a chance to get through the deletion process?

4. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

Unlikely, but I guess that is possible.

The last_update time are off by a month, but recent.

• Thu, 22 Dec 2011 04:41:51 GMT
    • Tue, 22 Nov 2011 13:39:41 GMT
    Perhaps you should c:sort=last_update:-1&c:limit=1 like this...

census.daybreakgames.com/yaml/get/eq2/character/?name.first=Kinda&locationdata.worldid=505&c:sort=last_update:-1&c:limit=1

-dan

5. Dethdlr

Dethdlr Guest

Nice workaround.  I'll have to keep that handy in case this is something that can't be fixed. 

Hopefully though, something can be done to take care of it.  We all know that you can't REALLY have two characters named the same thing on the same server.  Hopefully something can be done with the data so that it reflects that and only shows the REAL character.

Will the real Kinda, please stand up?  :)

6. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

BTW, I don't know if posting about random character names is proper here, but I suspect as they are effectively public, it should not cause any harm.

I've found another duplicate tuple as well:  ('Endurance', 'Freeport')

Both so far are on the same server, which could just be coincidence.  If it's three times, it's enemy action.

7. Lantis

Lantis Guest

If they are all on Freeport, then I bet it's related to the recent server merge.

8. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

id seems to be unique, dbid does not.  I'm not sure if dbid is world-unique yet.

dbid 899782 is for both Behleg of The Bazaar, and Пьянству of Harla Dar.

Of course, I wonder why I'm still seeing characters on Vox and The Bazaar at all, didn't those merge into Nagafen and Freeport respectively?

9. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

So much for the single-server theory:

• Endrance of Freeport
    • Jaremiah of Splitpaw
    • Killerlord of Unrest
    • Kinda of Freeport
    • Shanthar of Valor
    • Демьяна of Barren Sky

10. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

Yeah...it looks like one of these was deleted and is no longer active - either deleted by action or character transfer.

We'll need to go in and clean these up.

-dan