1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Number of items discovered by a character

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Lantis, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Lantis

Lantis Guest

I was considering adding the number of items discovered by a character on RosterMaster.  The following request returns that number:

Code:
    census.daybreakgames.com/xml/count/eq2/item/?_extended.discovered.from_XXX.charid=YYY
    XXX =worldidYYY = character id

Exemple:

Code:
    census.daybreakgames.com/xml/count/eq2/item/?_extended.discovered.from_104.charid=446676908718
    However I'm not sure I like the idea of sending 100-200 requests in a row (one per character) to retrieve that value :)  Is that something that could be added on the backend's side in the character information?

2. Zoltaroth

Zoltaroth Guest

I don't think this will work.  You would have to search based on the charid alone without a world id.

Consider Character_ID=10 is on server 100 and discover "A Bag" then transfers to server 101 and discovers "A Bigger Bag"

You will have entires under each item with discovery charid=10 one from server 100 and one from 101, and they are the same person.

3. Dethdlr

Dethdlr Guest

Won't the discovery data be hosed anyway for those that got merged into another server before the REST API came online?  For example, I started on Neriak which merged into Kithicor which merged into Butcherblock.  Pretty sure none of the discovery data from Neriak or Kithicor is going to make it to the REST API, right?

4. DanKinney

DanKinney Guest

Probably.  I'm not sure how we can efficiently populate events that happened before we were online.

-dan

5. Lantis

Lantis Guest

I can see the potential reliability issues that could arise from the server merges / server transfers indeed.

Not a biggie anyway, that would have been just another fun stat to add to RMSA.

6. Zoltaroth

Zoltaroth Guest

Discoveries before Census are handled (we stored them in the DB so part of our export process is to export all legacy discos from the DB to Census).  Mergers basically trash the discos on the merge_from world though so those are lost.

7. feldon30

feldon30 Guest

I thought it would be possible to salvage discovery info through the mergers, either by keeping the legacy data there which could be displayed just for "old time's sake". My understanding is, discoveries are stored on Items and so it's not actually necessary to remove discovery info for servers which no longer exist.

Alternately, there could have been a comparative merge where if an item was discovered on Kithicor before Butcherblock, then when the servers were merged, the Butcherblock discovery would be overwritten by the Kithicor merge. Any way to salvage that information from backups?