1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Item data - Classes

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Dethdlr, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Dethdlr

Dethdlr Guest

It seems as though there are a few groupings of classes used in the item data.  Take this item for example:  census.daybreakgames.com/xml/get/eq2/item/3234094522

This is what the data looks like for classes:

<classes>  <crusader id="5" level="0"/>  <templar id="9" level="0"/>  <mystic id="11" level="0"/>  <necromancer id="18" level="0"/>  <dirge id="22" level="0"/>  <defiler id="12" level="0"/>  <wizard id="13" level="0"/>  <fury id="10" level="0"/>  <brawler id="3" level="0"/>  <guardian id="1" level="0"/>  <beastlord id="25" level="0"/>  <warlock id="14" level="0"/>  <cleric id="8" level="0"/>  <illusionist id="15" level="0"/>  <conjuror id="17" level="0"/>  <ranger id="23" level="0"/>  <berserker id="2" level="0"/>  <brigand id="20" level="0"/>  <swashbuckler id="19" level="0"/>  <troubador id="21" level="0"/>  <bruiser id="4" level="0"/>  <coercer id="16" level="0"/>  <priest id="7" level="0"/>  <assassin id="24" level="0"/>  <shadowknight id="6" level="0"/></classes>

Lets break that down.  Crusader = Shadowknight and Paladin but Shadowknight is also listed separatelyBrawler = Bruiser and Monk but Bruiser is also listed separatelyCleric = Templar and Inquisitor but Templar is also listed separatelyPriest = Mystic, Defiler, Fury, Warden, Templar and Inquisitor.  But Mystic, Defiler, Fury, Templar, and Cleric (Templar and Inquisitor) are listed separately.  Fighters Listed: Crusader(Shadowknight and Paladin), Brawler(Bruiser and Monk), Guardian, Berserker, Bruiser, Shadowknight.  This is all Fighters.  Priests Listed: It actually says Priest so that covers all of them.Mages Listed: Necromancer, Wizard, Warlock, Illusionist, Conjuror, Coercer.  This is all MagesScouts Listed: Dirge, Beastlord, Ranger, Brigand, Swashbuckler, Troubador, Assassin.  This is all Scouts.So today, to convey the fact that this item is usable by all classes, you have to list priest, crusader, brawler, guardian, berserker, then list each mage and scout separately. 18 entries to show 4 things (fighter, priest, mage, scout).  In the item listed above, 25 entries are being used to show those 4 things.  It looks as though entries for fighters, scouts, and mages either don't exist, have never been used, or I'm just not stumbling upon them.  I could swear I've seen items in game that show Fighter, Priest, Mage, Scout before but I could just be remembering it wrong.I realize this is probably outside the control of anyone dealing with the REST API and more related to the underlying game data so we're not likely to see this change.  Would it be possible to get a breakdown of all the possbile categories that we could see in the item data or a confirmation that this is all that exists:brawler id="3"crusader id="5"priest id="7"cleric id="8"Any other groupings we should know about?

Thanks again for putting out this fantastic tool.  It really is quite amazing what can be done with it.

Dethdlr

2. feldon30

feldon30 Guest

I'm really surprised that priest, crusader, brawler, and priest are being used. Of course, we can work around it, but it's unexpected and may lead to confusing results.

3. Lantis

Lantis Guest

They are probably artifacts from old item designs by the EQ2 dev team I assume.  Plus, they used a lot of script automatation the past two years with items, so I assume a lot of such oddities have slipped through the cracks (like redudant class definitions).

4. Dedith

Dedith Guest

I would take a pop shot that they're being reused (oddly) as brawler = monk, crusader = paladin, priest = warden, and cleric = inquisitor...  ingame coding probably can see that all fighters are listed and shows 'All Fighters' instead of each individually.  Glancing at different items would help determine that.