1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Producer's Letter: Expansion 17, Beta and Preorders!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

There's a few posts on the OF saying that AAs have been changing such as steadfast getting it's proc back. I have no real way to confirm that myself though.

------

And honestly I agree with Caith that reforging did more harm than good. Haven't really said anything because it seems like an unpopular opinion here, but I'm not sad to see reforging's impact reduced.

Also also, I really don't think there's any way this expansion is ready to go live in 15 days. I thought for sure it wasn't releasing until next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Cheggers

Cheggers New Member

As with so many things they've implemented, they are great features on paper, but the execution is what lets it down. Reforging should never have been as powerful as it was.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Reforging was just one more complication on the pile.

KEEP
    IT
    SIMPLE
    S___HEAD

(...ok, I may be a little salty on the subject.)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

So they're saying that they are not going to balance healing around every healer always having 100% casting speed and 100% reuse.. I call Bullshit...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  5. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Apparently they put Class Runes in Beta for a couple of Hours. It were the same partly op'd ones as in the beginning of the year, benefiting mostly already op classes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Well, I won't be buying the EQ1 expansion either. that's the 1st time in a very long time I won't buy at least one version of EQ expansion at release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Since the release date has been announced, decided to take a little stroll through the beta forums. Seems the general consensus is that it's last years release all over again.

Weirdly, it also seems that no one is particularly annoyed by it because they've become accustomed to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

An extension to the old saying comes to mind:" You fool me once, shame on You. You fool me twice, shame on me. You fool me three times, double shame on me. It's time to go" The whole major AA revamp and class balance is backfiring. Player already saying they are done and the expansion didn't even launch.

Go to Discord "Beta Classes" Channel and you see heat is boiling up. Caith is singlehandly sabotaging everything that Kaitheel, Gninja and TTobey built up in terms of relationships with the players.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Caith is garbage.

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

It's that whole "boil a frog slowly" analogy thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Except there are fewer frogs in the pot every xpac.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I mentioned the heat is boiling up on Discord, didn't i. Apparently Caith banned players on discord when they were off. There is a thread on the eq2forum, read/post before it gets locked /deleted.
    More disturbingly "B" chimed in the topic and tries to be "the voice of reason".

Caith's work protocol from last week. He nerfed /broke the necro class and later selfheals were broken.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I think I said something earlier about Caith and the AA revamp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

Darkpaw Games is a known quantity. Both in terms of the game they put out and their customer service. For those who are happy with what is provided, more power to them. Keep patronizing the company. But at some point, the players who complain nonstop yet who keep paying their multi-account sub fees and $150 expansion costs and who keep buying loot boxes should realize that the problem is just as much in the mirror as it is at Darkpaw Headquarters.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

You never know. something might sink in. We haven't seen anyone being advised to check their wi-fi in quite a while :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

20. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

This post disappeared as far as I can tell. I couldn't find it yesterday. Actually this one and the raid one both went poof. Not locked, just gone.