1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Have you been into the zone? Forget about PUG the zone. You need a solid Tank, good heals, and really good DPS.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

What did You expect? Putting out this trailer when the first trailer for "The Batman" is out at the same time.

People still seemed to know where the real entertainment is.:)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

There are indie games with 100k+ subscribers to their reddit forums. EQ has like 27.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ruckus

Ruckus Member

This all was great back in 2004-2005. Back when you heard your guildies screaming in voice chat as we were level 50 and fighting our way down the narrow paths and they were saying they were getting vertigo from the twisting open caverns.

Now, that video and the game's graphics just do not impress me and it's been almost a year since I last played EQ2 and I don't miss it at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Hmm, something is fishy with the views on that trailer... it just jumped up to 12k views... but the likes/dislikes and comments on the video did not change at all.... 40 likes, 5 dislikes and 3 comments on 12k views...

The trailer for BoL xpac have 6k views and 100 likes / 20 dislikes .

If I was a conspiracy type of guy I would guess they might be buying views... :rolleyes:o_O

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Arazons

Arazons Member

Views is probably inflated by auto play on social media feeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Not that the latest patch screwed anything up or anything but this seems to be a pretty extensive list of changes for an interim patch ... Tuesday Patch Pre Announce | EverQuest 2 Forums.

Of course, it doesn't seem to address the one fix that I'd actually benefit from :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I just read through that thread.... and holy ****.. EQ2 is more broken then I thought. Assassins hitting Fatal Followups for 3.5 TRILLION damage...

Also, nothing about the missing spells... 9 months into the expansion still not fixed.

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

That's a crafting problem, which isn't just at the bottom of the heap, it's been buried at least 6' under...

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Kander said on Discord that the new Raidzones were designed for "Low - Midtier Raidforces and not High End ones". There will be no new Loot Tier 3 months prior to an upcoming expansion.
    There are a lot of unhappy raiders on Discord.

Bugfree patches are not DPG's stronghold. They "accidentally" removed the Twisted Vista Entrance when putting in the new one for Fabled P.o.W in Blinding.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Some of you are still not convinced the five-year plan all along was to end up with what is substantively a p2w raiding game (just enough heroic and overland content to tell the story, then off to raidville...).

Look, it's widely known that eq2 is a finely tuned, German-engineered gaming machine of excellence and perfection, and that truth alone is more than enough for the team to reasonably conclude that it makes sense to hang their hat on their 24 human (you're welcome, Siggy) raid environment.

The >problem< is that while eq2 raiding is universally acknowledged (by the team) as being the absolute best in the market place, it's also known for limiting itself to the cream of the gaming crop - Only the best, most dedicated, most intelligent, and most hard core gamers on the planet can claim the prestige of being an eq2 raider.

Well thankfully, we're blessed to have the eq2 team led by the Pai Mei of gaming, and there are no "customers-don't-think-it's-fun" problems that can't be solved with some clever (i.e. manipulative) game design.

So, how does Kander reconcile this probelm? How does he get more people interested in raiding?

Easy. Give people a choice: be bored, or, you can raid more casually with the dumb-downed raids that we've created to serve the needs of the lowerlings.

Even better, and because they do listen to feedback, don't be surprised if in the not-so-distant future we discover that no-trade crafting materials required for super-awesome house items can be harvested from raid zones.

• Funny Funny x 8
  12. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  13. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

When have they ever been useful? To be fair, she sometimes actually post a helpful advice, but most of the time she don't understand what was asked or posts misinformation as facts. The worst is when she constantly tries to shift the buggy client crashing onto the users, wanting them to validate files, run trace route and all of other strange ms dos 3.11/win 95 fixes to issues that people experience...

Edit: She just did that again.... OOOOkay......what's the problem..... | EverQuest 2 Forums

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yes. Today half the internet seems to be broken so she's busily telling people to relog to game, reboot computer, reboot router etc.. Like kicking the daylights out of your local devices is going to fix the internet... Or maybe we're misjudging her and it's just a ploy to keep people from getting bored while somebody else fixes the internet? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

The best part of that one is that it just stops in the middle! Assuming your average technophobe can get as far as step 4 and open notepad wtf are they supposed to do then?! It's a sure bet they won't know what all that gobbledegook is! And all they actually had to do was go to the forums, ask for the recent posts list and notice the 3 'can't login' posts at the top all posted within the last 30 minutes. That alone should have been clue enough without having to read them for the techy details.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Exactly. This is not the freakin' '90's / early 2000's, when troubleshooting network/connectivity issues was part n parcel of being a MMO gamer. I've tried to be gentle and point this out in the past - but my former senior NCO side is fixin' to come and start screaming. Fortunately, we've got the "sarcasm" stage to enjoy before that happens. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The dps checks on some of those mobs are NOT mid, let alone low tier.
    The strats aren't low tier either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

That's amazing in theory but 9 out of 10 people still playing EQ2 prefer nothing but tank and spank encounters and just jousting is a challenge for most. Its actually pathetic how awful most EQ2 players are. Sorry if this offends anyone, but its the honest truth.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Did they actually update any strats in PoW, or are they the same as the old version everyone raided for like 4 years?

20. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I can't stand PoW, we did it to death when it was current content and the following expac as well. Ick Ick Ick.