1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Cobalt Crates?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Anaogi, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

No evidence = hot air.

Also, I tried to sell my body once. I got some orange juice for the effort.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Don't bother trying to sell your soul. Market's glutted.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

touch-my-soul.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Drona

Drona New Member

Completely agree. I don't like gambling mechanisms of any sort in games as they are pure evil designed to exploit.

This I agree 90% :)

Game mechanics should not be deigned around credit card progression but I am not 100% against credit card giving advantages. For example, I am not against krono type systems. Some people are time rich and other are money rich, so with korno gives you a way for money rich to "buy" the labour of the the time rich.

I don't like the spell upgrade system as this allows the money rich to get advantages without the need for the time rich but I can sort of live with it since at least you know how much you are expected to pay instead of gambling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I don't consider the trade of currency between players in the same category. Regardless of whether or not a step of that trade includes a purchase from the company. Krono, in my opinion, fall under the same general classification as REX in Rift or Gems in GW2 - both of which are a tradeable/giftable cash shop currency purchased with cash. (Other games might have similar, but I'm not personally familiar).

When I say Credit Card Progression, I specifically mean when BiS items are added to the cash shop and not attainable in game (worse when it's ALSO behind a lotto). Or when ability/spell advancement takes an unrealistic amount of time to progress via game play (literal years, when the game is on a 6 month/year progression cycle), but can be insta-upgraded for the low low price of <insert not at all low price here>.

Other folks might have a different guideline for what is considered CCP, but that's mine.

And I've yet to find anyone who can convince me that any of those benefit the game. No 'the devs have to make money somehow' is not an acceptable reason. :p

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I know mine have - even adding up all 29 of them across 4 servers! In fact I probably couldn't even rack up a 5 figure sum :(

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  7. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'll keep playing until my krono's run out, and I buy them with plat.
    The only thing I've bought from Marketplace recently is a race change potion, I got sick to death of 'hide illusion' not working on my Arasai.
    I'm still waiting for a spell to be added, I wasn't going to hold my breath waiting for them to fix fairies.

But yeah, you can still make plenty of plat if you want to. I have no idea who I'm replying to now, but I'm sure it's someone.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1