1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion Announced

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

Adoninilol why so hostile? It’s a game- it shouldn’t get you this worked up.

2. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Yes I do primarily play on Fallen Gate.

I run around on live on my assassin/play others toons that have the epic 2.0 and all the cool new gear from time to time just to check out what is going on.

It doesn't really interest me, ever since AoM the game has just turned into one big meme of just failed new attempts at systems. Coupled with the fact that in that expansion all my gear from the previous expansions was best in slot unless I got the rum cellar adorn (lol) because it all had two white adorn slots. Sigh, looking back I wonder why I even bothered that long.

I played around on the beta a little bit and decided this expansion was just more rehashed crap and decided it wasn't worth even bothering running the signature/running all the instances for fun even.

Plus Rum cellar put a bad taste in my mouth, and ToT was actually the worst content i've ever seen in my life. So I mostly just dabble here and there and run a few new instances.
    If you think this is worked up... man I miss flames.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

Flames was kinda fun to popcorn tbh.

Also- this whole thing kinda reminds me of gruloc or however he spelled it. He needs to come back I need some plat lol

4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. stach

stach Member

This is funny, someone still loosing their mind over a game that does not matter anymore, and acting like they are better than everyone else because they still play......ain't the internet fun.

"You also missed the point where I said when you have to heal, I even underlined it I believe? I raided with Wonsokman the best shaman this game has ever seen, and several others, and they all say the same thing. You ward, then you ward, then after you cast a ward, you cast another. You rinse/repeat this process until the end of the raid night. Any moment a ward is not on you are failing as a shaman, everything else is secondary. I'm awestruck that you believe there are more buttons to this class, other than hitting ONE debuff, TWO buffs (bolster/stampede) and smashing ascensions when you have wards up and are just sitting there."

HAHAH this and 5 dollars will get you a latte at Starbucks.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

> ToT was actually the worst content i've ever seen in my life.

Ahh, I see you didn't play Kunark Ascending.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

KA was the end of the road for me. I didn't believe it was possible to experience buyer's remorse over $50.00 or so. I did.

In and out in under a month.

Complete garbage.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Arguments on THIS forum have to win on the merits. There's no CM or moderator team to hide behind. I'm surprised anyone posts on the official forums anymore. It's the folks who haven't realized that the devs DO NOT CARE what we think, the teacher's pet, and the bubble gnomes who think that their full-throated support will save this game.

Interesting you mention Discord as the only people I know who are still allowed to even read the chat there are those who have NEVER stood up to the devs. I'm surprised Discord hasn't evolved to a point of requiring players to pledge their fealty. My biggest regret is ever helping start that stupid thing. At least with the forums the devs had to pretend to care once in a while.

So please join our little forum. But there's no safety net like the OF. If you say something and can't back it up with facts, or just whing off a steady stream of excuses for the devs, it's not going to be pretty.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Arclite

Arclite New Member

So the "Chaos" has finally "Descended" in Norrath?! :p

Seriously though, ToT, i thought was terrible but then KA came around and said to ToT - "you think you know bad? I'll show you!"

I think AoM was the last proper SOE exapnsion and in my view, had some semblance of progression - with Avatar of Brell fight being the pinnacle of raid content. Rum cellar add-on was a taster for what was to come. ToT was clearly a transitioning period (wafer thin content bolstered by renaming of items/gear with slightly better stats and the term "Invigorated" attached to it) and KA killed the game for many - definitely myself included - with combat mitigation and cheesy grinding of tithe points leading to major dps disparity and class imbalance. Raiding alongside guildies who grounded tithe points at the tail end of ToT was a nightmare. Countless exchanges/bans from DEVs on discord later, I just quit. The aspect of challenge tied to gear augmenting player skill was no longer present and instead we got lined up for needless ascension stuff.

PoP was equally dissapointing with super OP items given out as candy for no apparent effort and the ever increasing stats with mindless progression.

Judging by the live stream for CD, this will either be a last or next to last expansion for eq2. That said, I will not be surprised if DBG continue to milk the loyal fans of the game for all their worth just to string them along on an ungainly ride.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Pretty sure my post was about the official forums, and how after ethering mermut there they ran here to go cry; but nice tangent.

The discord mention was obviously not referring to the official one. I've been banned from that place like 5-6 times, it's super easy to just make a new discord account however.

11. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

There's no crying here except you.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I am not speaking for Feldon as I know your post was in response to him. Having said that, first of all, Mermut did not run here to cry, Mermut posts here all the time. All of us here are of like mind for the most part when it comes to EQ2 and we try to be respectful to each other even if we disagree.

We don't chase each other across different forums with the clear intent of trolling. Also, we are here because Feldon is gracious enough to keep this site up for us and has provided us with a place where we can speak honestly without fear of being censored or banned as long as we are not overly inappropriate.

If you post here consider it a privilege and not a right. Also, even if you have a different opinion, express it with consideration of others.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

When I hear about folks spending $2k to $3k to upgrade their characters, four questions come to mind:

1. @Players:

(a) How do you not predict DBG will engineer and incentivize this kind of cash dump every year?

(b) Seriously???

2.@DBG:

(a) How long do you think it will take before people wise up?

(b) How do you guys sleep at night?

The only conclusion I can arrive at is the plan for EQ2 is continue predatory business practices with crap quality until sales dry up, then it's done. Could be next year, could be 10 years from now - who knows.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, i disagree with some of what you said.

Many of us post here because we CANNOT post what we really want to say on the OF.

Secondly, I don't believe we are like-minded at all. We might agree on some things, but, we all disagree on many things.

Lastly, trying to win arguments by attacking the other person, even if it includes attacks on their argument is cheap, and here, laughable.

This might be fine on flames, where 90% of the posters are likely Vox/Naggy players loving all the good natured trash talk, but here? Yawn....

The sense I get is that people who post don't HAVE to win the argument.

Debate your point of view, be able to rationally support it, and in the end, accept or reject any counter arguments without a lot of fuss or tantrum.

But any case, be prepared, because if there any argumentative flaws, they will be brought to light.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Just want to clarify a couple of points:

When I said that we are provided with a space here to speak without fear of being banned or censored, I was indirectly referring to our inability to do that on the official EQ2 forums, even though I didn't specifically say that.

Also, I mean that we are like minded in that we are largely unhappy with EQ2 for various reasons.

Otherwise, I agree with your other points 100 percent. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Wanted to elaborate a bit on this point - If you enter the discussion with the goal of 'winning', then you've already lost the plot.

I've noticed a lot of the more aggressive trollish 'flame' elements try to use gotchas (at least in their own mind), aggressive bluster, name dropping and repetition of points with no substance, rather than present a cohesive argument supported by fact, or even probable opinion.

We're individuals here, with a lot of different takes, opinions and tolerances. While I think in a general sense, a lot of us might agree fairly often, we disagree on the fine points - a lot. And some of those disagreements are vigorous, while remaining polite.

What most of us here have little to no tolerance for is unsubstantiated smoke blowing bullshit.

Edit: I know you don't employ these tactics, just my thoughts on it. I DO know you're spreading heinous rumors that I steal cookies and (tm)'s, however, and I got my eye on you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, there is the Siggy stuff.

I suppose my comments are a bit hipocritical with respect to her or some if other bubble gnomes.

What do you people who are so stubbornly and arrogantly dishonest?

Still, i feel most of us do our best have fun with bubble gnome arguments and behavior as opposed to attacking them as people.

As for myself, I can do a better job with how I respond to what she does and says.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

For me it has never been personal. When I pay for a product and/or service and I am unhappy with it, I feel I have the right to make those feelings known in a direct, and hopefully respectful manner. The official EQ2 forums were supposed to be a place for us to give our feedback, both positive and negative.

It does upset me though when my voice is ignored and/or I am personally attacked unnecessarily as a way of shutting me down. As the saying goes, when you resort to personal attacks, you have already lost the argument.

• Agree Agree x 7
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Bubble Gnomes(tm) are their own category. And since they push outright lies with an immunity to logic, reason and fact, mockery is an acceptable option.

Mockery WITH logic, reason and fact is just a huge bonus.

• Winner Winner x 3
  20. azulkb

azulkb New Member

(B). Yes.
    (A). 10 years+ playing same dps class, well placed with skill, and year after year you lose all because no balance and intensive grind or other t1 spend for easy but expensive solution in marketplace. So you spend 20$ because not Many money and after Why not 40$ etc etc... and 20+40+...... 80+20 week after week, gu after gu, you achieve easy 2k 3k...

But now game over for me.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3