1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Idea for Transferring Heirloom Items

Discussion in 'Items, Equipment, and Mechanics' started by Caam, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Caam

Caam Member

I happen to play characters on different accounts. One of my frustrations with this is the inability to transfer heirloom items between the characters on the separate accounts. I would like a way to do this. Years ago, SmokeBlower said they were looking at making a way to link accounts. But as far as I can tell, nothing has ever come of it and it is unlikely to ever happen.

One idea I had was to make a special container available that could hold one heirloom item. You'd pack the heirloom item into the container to make use of the container. The container itself could be traded. Once the item was unpacked from the container, the container would disappear. The container could be crafted. It could also be available on the marketplace.

I'm curious to hear other peoples' thoughts on this. Is this something you want? How else could this be done? Would you pay for these containers? Stuff like that.

2. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

So basically, like regular non-geirloom items, just extra complicated? Any restrictions on trading that container?

3. Caam

Caam Member

My idea is that the container (either empty or full) has no restrictions on being traded. I would expect that these containers (empty or full) could be sold on the broker.

I have additional thoughts on this and how I think it would impact the game. But I created this thread to hear other people's thoughts. I am sure there are aspects of this that I haven't considered and it would be nice to get other perspectives on this.