1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Fighter Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Kagz

Kagz Guest

Looking plains is more dangerous at night not sure if that helpful goodluck

2. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Went into Tower of Tactics and checked the Realm of Flowing Time encounter, nothing.

3. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

We are past that point of the quest :)

4. Gaealiege

Gaealiege Member

If those "hints" were coming from the game itself, I would agree. The hint was from a developer feeling benevolent.

5. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

The hint was from the cache, so "from the game itself".

• Like Like x 1
  6. rainmare

rainmare Member

the 'it's more dangerous at night' was refering to the Curse of Bloody Kithcor.

7. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Which we just established is EQ1 lore. In EQ2 the battle can happen at any time of the day if you trigger it. Also Ghorkaal is pretty far from the battle ground.

Anyway that's neither here nor there anymore since the cache was found.

Anyone do any exploring today? I did some, but without any good results.

8. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Nothing new here, though I now have my 50k Rime faction if anyone has some ideas that might require it. For now, I'm going through the Bone Bladed Claymore line just for myself, basically killing time in between random brain sparks of "What about this??" (and the inevitable "hmm, that wasn't it").

9. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I mentored down and did Deathfist Citadel today... nothing.

Running out of ideas until the other zone works again.

10. Yahku

Yahku Guest

By the way, as i remember it, the Zek Solo arena was never filled/opened in the past, this event (related to the challenge mode) was only for the heroic version.

11. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

w
    I remember the door being locked as well, but still don't want to leave a stone unturned.

12. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Nothing new, but something interesting...

I'm working on my Maj'Dul Court of Truth faction to see if I can get into the Maj'Dul Arena (the doors are supposed to work if you have a quest that needs it). I'm currently waiting for an NPC to pop (could be up to 40 minutes, whoo)...I'm waiting for the gladiators that will be exiting Champions Court. Hmmm....

13. Brailyn

Brailyn New Member

41 mins, any news?

14. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Whoops, sorry for the delay, was busy killing things. <grin>

That quest let me into Champions' Court...nothing there (almost literally, it was an empty room with a single mob). Now working my way through to another quest that actually requires me to zone into the Arena itself: Court of Truth: Brush with Celebrity

(currently doing the Terrorgore and Sphinx Hunt quests just before it)

Update: On the Brush with Celebrity quest now and have 50k faction with the Court of Truth.

Update #2: Made it into the Arena, but nothing there other than the quest mobs (and then literally nothing once they were killed):

[​IMG]

Continuing with quest...

Update #3: My last update for tonight...I finished the Court of Truth timeline, and the final step was the kill the Sphinx. The one that asks riddles, like "What is the beginning of eternity, and the end of time and space. The beginning of every place.", which is a riddle that Kander was quoting on Discord a fair amount when he was (allegedly) giving hints.

Not sure yet if it actually means anything, but I'll keep looking tomorrow.

(The Court of Blades has a Blades Training Arena you can access while doing their quests. I'm really, really hoping we don't have to have faction with all three Courts. :confused:)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Gaealiege

Gaealiege Member

You'll have to forgive my confusion. It certainly seemed like you were saying that the hint came directly from Kander and not the game.

16. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Working on Court of Blades now (they have a Training Arena). Could be a total blind alley, but at least a few things are matching up: the riddle, the gladiators, fighting, even the egyptian theme of the new mount. Or I could be grasping desperately at straws... :p

17. Sounson

Sounson New Member

Shmogre I think you're onto the right trail. Here is the text from the riddle from that quest off of eq2 wiki:

"What is the beginning of eternity, and the end of time and space. The beginning of every place." A direct quote from Kander in discord if I'm not mistaken as well.

And stop trolling if you're not even trying to help, Gaealiege.

18. Brailyn

Brailyn New Member

Shmogre any luck with the Blades?

19. Halfbreed

Halfbreed New Member

Perhaps completing that quest flags you to be able to do or see something somewhere else. We should look back over the last few pages and see if we can figure out where it would be good to go know that you've killed the sphinx.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Still working on it, on the next-to-last quest for them now.

(And can I say that it frickin' *hurts* to have gotten Truth faction to +50k and see it back down to -50k now? o_O)