1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Shalahandra

Shalahandra WhysperWynde alt

Hahaahahahaahhah!! EQ2 sexist??? Get on outa Dodge! I agree with this poster that EQ2 is NOT sexist, or racist or any other IST. For God's sake people, it's a GAME! As per NPC dialogue .. not any better or worse than any other game I know of. If your life is so void that it matters what non-human, non-playing NPCs standing around in a game say to you = you really got my PITY! Advice? Buy a vowel, take a chance, read a clue, get a life!!!

{WhysperWynde alt}

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2021
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

2 posts and you already got permabanned. That's a record.

3. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Should been banned when they picked the avatar.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I mean, this forum mostly seems to be people who quit the game because they didn't like the direction it was going in. The only way it gets more positive is if people who are enjoying the game post here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Feldon

I've heard screaming at and browbeating people is THE way to get people to come over to your side.

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

This is almost always the reason the companies that call on me for my help have gotten to the point where they need to call me for help. That and a lack of proactiveness. "We don't prevent, we fix."

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Ill be honest. Its hard for anyone to find anything positive to say about EQ2 and its been harder and harder for the last couple of years.

If you enjoy it, fine, share it with the world, but don't expect anyone to blindly follow you, unless you like the echo chamber that is the EQ2 forums where nothing but praise was allowed until the new community manager took over.

The game is at an all time low in both content quality, innovation and players. Kander in his podcast has hinted that they will keep following the same formula.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  9. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

The official forums barely has positivity now a day, they expect it on an uncensored forum?

10. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

And what' s there isn't really positivity it's mostly blind apologists spewing forth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Funny Funny x 5
  12. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

13. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Not sure about that but definitely exhibiting a high level of either inattention or cluelessness, not sure which. She's been posting virulently all morning and despite stating she's been around since launch wants to know things like when is EQNext coming out and how does she get a lifetime sub? How could she possibly have missed that one given the forum traffic at the time and the recent pink lady thread all about it?!

And if I read one more time how many characters she has on which servers I think I'll go nuts! I swear she must have that sentence in her cut 'n paste buffer as it seems to have turned up in about half of her posts, while being relevant to none. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Feldon

trying-to-understand-the-behavior-of-some-people-islike-trying-3544930.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

@Tkia True, I was (mostly) being a bit sarcastic. I think I actually remember her from Skyfire general chat; interactions there were very similar to these posts, so perhaps there's something else going on. For someone who's OF account has been around since 2012, I also think they would have heard about EQNext, lifetime subs, etc. Granted, not everyone that plays frequents the forums, but it likely would have been mentioned in general chat at the time as well (that's an assumption on my part, as I wasn't playing when the lifetime sub, etc. was offered).

Just think how differently it would have gone had they started with "Hi, I'm new here, found out about this place from the OF. Over there I'm <insert name> and I've been playing EQ2 since <whenever>. I was curious why my quick perusal seems to find a lot of negative posts, since my experience has been overwhelmingly positive."

Oh, and how many characters do they have again? I think I missed it..... :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Damn. Just took more than a quick spin through the OF - I could get maybe not knowing about EQNext or lifetime subs.

But if you've been playing since launch (how many characters again?), and don't know what a heritage or signature quest is? Something's definitely fishy.

Edit: Four different characters (so far), 4 different guilds. Interesting. Characters they claim on OF: Gorralok, Joalyn, Cedarlilly, and Fyrelilly. All either 100 or 110.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Well exactly. We're reasonable people, aren't we? If she'd just asked politely I'm sure we'd have explained it calmly. But coming into the room, disapproving loudly of what we're doing and then telling us to 'get a life'? I'm guessing that's the point at which Feldon lost it as it's the bit that made me splutter. And then to exhibit such public shock and surprise at finding herself ejected back to the doorstep!

Evil, Wulf, evil! You should be more careful or I might just send you a PM full of post links that will tell you! :p

(Feldon, we need the horned devil smiley in the icon list, please? :D )

• Like Like x 1
  19. Feldon

• Like Like x 1
  20. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

"The site is not secure."

Does that mean it's not a safe space?

Also, as for the OP's behavior, I've been inoculated against this level of internet b.s. since that "summer" I spent on 4chan before EQ2 even launched. o_O

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1