1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

I need a new MMO!

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Zhaanish, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Any details? I was late to the party with vanguard but loved its class and world design.

2. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

If it's the one I'm thinking of, I think I created a level one Wulfgyr on there. :p

Edit: VGOEmulator.net

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I have zero details. I just happened to see someone mention it in Gen chat in EQ1 because there's a 24 hour patch/reset for server merges. Once I saw it mentioned I remembered skimming by a post in Reddit.

4. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

I stand corrected, it was a level 1 pally I created. Will probably spend some time on there soon, after the current busy cycle at work wraps up.

[​IMG]

5. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Your FC probably already told you about it, but just incase; the latest Itinerant Moogle treasure hunt just started yesterday, which means certain dungeons will give time-limited tomestones to spend on stuff like mounts, cards, minions, etc. that you'd otherwise have to do harder things to obtain. I ground out enough to buy both the Ixion and Kamuy mounts yesterday. They're gaudy for my tastes, but I love mount collecting.

Glad to hear you're having fun with FFXIV -- especially the crafting. Right now I have Miner, Fisher, Blacksmith, and Goldsmith maxed. I actually managed to get a special title for being in the top 100 blacksmith on the server for the latest season of rebuilding the firmament, which came as a total surprise. I was just hellbent on getting that sheep mount from all the turn-ins.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Oh I already knew about this one, was hoping there was a secret one further along in development or something. :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

So I have been playing FFXIV more. I boosted a character to 70 Samurai and also bought a token for MSQ completion through Heavensward. I figured I could do the Stormblood expansion at Level 70 because this questline goes from 60-70 and would be a forgiving way to break into the game. Then I'll do Shadowbringers afterwards.

I am Goblin server - is anyone else on that server? I wouldn't mind joining a Free Company, and even better if it has people who are EQ2 Vets.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

I'm unfamiliar with Goblin, but I'm pretty sure that's on the Crystal data center and my wife and I are on Midgardsormer, which is on Aether. Unfortunately, that means we can't visit Goblin, but if you ask around in the popular hangout spots, I'm sure you'll be able to find a FC. I also get FC invites all the time while I'm out in co-op heavy areas, like Eureka and while doing hunts.

Hope you like Samurai -- it's by far my favorite job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

I'm on Zalera (Crystal datacenter) - I haven't boosted and at 66 Bard Heavensward content hasn't been too difficult so far, so you should be fine. Admittedly I'm a bit over-leveled / geared for where I'm at in the MSQ because of all the side-quests, and the time spent working on relic weapons. Whenever that gets a bit much, I swap over to Arcanist (working towards the Scholar job for that awesome healer queue times, lol) for some relaxing lowbie fun. Oh, and for servers - you can hop between any server on your data center from the main Aetherytes in Gridania, Limsa Lominsa, and Ul'dah. Comes in handy when checking market prices, or if you want to play with friends, etc.

There's a ton of free companies out there, and I'd definitely research them before accepting one of the no-notice invites you've probably already gotten a few of. I waited weeks before joining one, and looked for one that was established a while ago and seemed to match up with what my playstyle was.

Hope that helps - I'm still digging into the lore here and there, as there's so much more than I thought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Damn, you skipped past the second best expansion and into the worst one. :p
    Enjoy HW! Sucks that you won't get to enjoy the final fight of the base expansion at around the intended gear level because it's a nice spectacle. I also really liked the final zone of HW, very epic feeling.

11. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I'm playing FFXIV at the moment, really enjoying it. Beautiful environment - leaves EQ2 way, way behind. Have characters on Midgardsomr, Zalera and a couple of other servers (I jump around data centres a bit due to latency issues at different times - generally the Japanese ones are best for me as I'm in NZ, but not always.....).

Have a thaumaturge, arcanist and a couple of rangers. Think I also have a wee gladiator somewhere, but I've never really enjoyed melee - much prefer ranged. None is higher than around level 18 as I've just over the past couple of days been playing with any degree of seriousness.

And quests.....so MANY quests (or 'duties' as they are called)..... :cool::D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

FFXIV
    Datacenter Ather, server Sargatanas, toon Jamisia
    and
    Datacenter Primal, server Primal, toon Chernobog

13. RhodrisNZ

....and have just struck the first major hurdle for me - compulsory grouping. I have to run a dungeon with 3 other people to progress the main story line. Can't skip it. So that's now finished for me (I do not group), and I will be levelling as far as I can with solo play. Pity - I was enjoying the story line up to now....pretty disappointing.

14. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Actually, as long as you keep leveling, you'll be able to (eventually) go through them solo just fine, and in Shadowbringers you'll have the option of taking bots through the dungeons with you rather than players. If you go to Duty, and then Duty Finder, and then click the settings gear at the top, you can select "Undersized Party" and it'll let you que for things solo. Obviously it doesn't do you much good until you're well above it in level, but you will be able to see the content. There are also the Grand Company Squadron bots that you can run some dungeons with, but they only go up to 60.

Glad to hear people are enjoying the game. I haven't gotten to play as much lately due to real life stuff, but it doesn't seem like much is being missed, with the COVID stuff slowing down content production. Always make sure to pop in for those events, though -- most of them give unique gear, and you never know if they'll come back or not.

15. RhodrisNZ

That's really good to know - thanks heaps!! I'm just hoping some of the 'normal' duties award gear as well as gil, as I'm outgrowing what I'm wearing pretty quickly, and the main scenario quests were giving me the upgrades.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Some easy places to get gear solo:

Vendors (same quality as most quest reward stuff)
    Crafters/Auction board
    Grand Company Quartermasters (passable stuff straight through 50 for both crafters and normal jobs)
    Some levequests award gear
    Revenant's Toll in Mor Dhona has plenty of 50ish stuff you can buy with Tomestones of Poetics (super easy to get piles of)
    Running dungeons with the Grand Company Squadron bots (20-60) and Shadowbringers bots (70-80) nets you gear the same as it would in a player run
    Retainers can bring back gear if you send them out on quick explorations

I'm sure there are other places, too, but if all else fails, you can always run Palace of the Dead stuff to level up to 60ish. It requires 0 gear as it has its own "gearing" mechanism, and you can do it solo (albeit it can be tough to make significant progression in the dungeon, itself, unless your "gear" is well-imbued).

17. RhodrisNZ

Thanks again - at risk of seeming really dense, I don't understand most of what you've said here (my highest character is only level 19). I've tried a couple of leves but don't enjoy them, so not interested in them. I have bought some pieces from a vendor, and they seem to be ok (price and quality).

One question - is there an appearance gear wardrobe or similar? Most of the pieces are horribly mismatched, so would be nice to have the possibility of an appearance outfit.

18. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Yup, there are two, and both are located in your room at the local inn. The armoire is where you can put stuff like event/quest aesthetic rewards, and it has infinite space. The other is the Glamour Dresser, which has 400 slots for whatever you want. You can manually glamour each armor piece using glamour prisms (bought from a few different locations -- I always buy en mass from the Quartermaster). Or, more effectively, you can set up "Glamour Plates" at the dresser, which allows you to re-apply or swap entire outfits on the fly.

19. RhodrisNZ

But how do you dress your character with appearance gear without affecting stats? I can't find anywhere in the Armoury Chest or character sheet that lets you do that.

I'll go and have a look at the armoire (last time I checked, I couldn't access the glamour dresser - said I hadn't unlocked it or something like that) and see if there's something there.

20. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

Yeah, you don't actually want to wear the appearance gear. Put it in either the armoire (if it's applicable) or the dresser, and then you can create an outfit via "Edit Glamour Plate." You can also glamour single items in your inventory on the fly via right clicking and selecting "Cast Glamour," but with this method you can only use the appearances of other things that you're currently carrying.