1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I get the same problem with the forums and I can't access the test server either. Thurgadin seemed fine but Halls of FAte and Kaladim are both showing locked. Data center/cloud issue maybe?

Edit: and now Thurgadin is locked too so it's location didn't save it for long ...

2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Word is the server overload from the TLP launch crashed everything. Every DBG title is down. From Planetside, to DC, to EQ1 and 2.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

That even got to the EU server? Wow!

4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Strangely I never really got into NWN, which is weird as I'm a huge Forgotten Realms fan. I enjoyed it the first time through but was never really inspired to do it again with other characters and poking around in the bespoke worlds didn't really inspire the kind of replayability that I found in things like BG and Icewind Dale. Maybe I should give it another try.

5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

At first I figured were just being snarky, but I immediately remembered: DBG.

I understand these eq1 tlp servers are popular, but my God, crashing the whole company?

Lols. Those some cheap mofo's.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That's what happens when you upgrade to Great Value brand servers to save money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It seems the hamster that runs the big wheel fell off and couldn't get up, the other hamsters then came to the hamsters aid and what do you know the wheels stop turning.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

And after 4 hours downtime and a rollback on 1 we got an hour uptime then - POOF - again. SMH. They're going to run me off of this one too.

9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Where did you see a rollback? was it on discord?

10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Only on 1, EQ1. I don't know about 2 I wasn't doing anything for hours before the servers went down on 2.

11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I wasn't talking about the canned games, but Persistent Worlds. PWs are essentially mini, custom and player run MMOs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Episode 8 :
    Dreamweaver and Kander Kyle "Vollee" (That's how you pronounce his french canadian last name) sat together for more questions.

Supposedly less RNG elements with crafting books and Runes, you should be able to earn those and purchase from a merchant. This is part of the crafting Update / Revamp but probably not implemented before the end of the year.

Kander is a fan of the "Heroic Opportunities" and looks into upgrading the system.

TLE Server to get a new Stat Mount with RoK release.

Epics to be make available for all classes for appearance.

Kanders first work in EQ2 was Solo Content in Antonica and Zek.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Seriously? I'm willing to bet that most of the current playerbase don't even know what those are!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Siggy basically got made fun of by one of the Devs, I don't remember which, for brining it up on /bugs that they don't even work in all of the solo instances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

"For next expacs crafting content, we are going to fix last years content!

I await the system where you level up Heroic Oppurtunities by using them. Every 100,000 of them = 1 level. Or if you feel like it, spend $10 per level skip :)

Ermm ok? How about proper itemisation/balance for TLE, instead of an item that'll become useless in 4 months at latest?

On the Marketplace I assume, appearance only epics, only $15 each.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Let's make the ONE appearance thing that was cool and unique for each class.. and give them all to everybody.... because..... who the hell knows....

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Well they will still be unique. The all epics means that now all classes will get their epics as appearance. Apparently mages couldn't use their epics as appearance.

19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

This exactly what will happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ah, I misinterpeted/misread. I thought it meant all epics for all classes.... not that they'd some how f-ed up epic 2.0s for some classes and wouldn't let them be used as appearance items.