1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Feldon!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Kaluyen, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Kaluyen

Kaluyen New Member

Hi folks :)

I've been reading these forums for a long time as a lurker, but I've never felt that I had anything to contribute that wasn't already covered, so I never bothered to create an account to post anything.

However, in light of recent happenings, I've felt the desire to publicly express my appreciation and thanks to Feldon and everyone else here. I haven't played EQ2 since KA, I'm not a raider, and I just got frustrated with the game design direction. I have really appreciated and benefited from EQ2U, but also from the advice and opinions that this forum provides. It's not the OF, and it's not Flames, but a nice balance.

Anytime I feel the twinge to maybe come back and try it again, I can come here and be reminded of what frustrated me and I can remove the rose-colored glasses.

Anyway, I'll go back to lurking, just wanted to thank everyone here! Even us lurkers appreciate it! :)

--Kal (formerly of EQ, EQ2 and too many other games lol)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Quite welcome. Seems more and more folks are using these forums of late. Glad to see it.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Y'know, I was wondering to myself why you still do it, with everything going on. This isn't a complaint. I'm amazed by the dedication to it and thankful, even if I don't play the game any longer. Besides, where would I hang out to grumble about this stuff and folks not run me off? ;)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I'm so grateful this forum is here. This is the only game I've ever quit but still cared enough to follow along from afar. Then again it's the franchise (EQ & EQ2) that I spent the most years of my life playing.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Well, to be honest, you had a pretty big influx primarily due to the insane censorship/banning on the OFs, and the severe influx of BubbleGnomes.
    It has always been a pleasure to come here, and be able to express anything (respectfully, without trash-talking), and know that people will actually read it an consider it.

I really wish I could love EQ2 again, but without rescaling the past couple expansions, I cannot at all, and while I did enjoy running the old zones, from newbie up through maybe AOM, I'm not willing to do that anymore knowing I'm going to hit a stupid wall of insane boredom, repitition, and "Trick Mechanics" rather then "Fun Mechanics".

Again, I have to say I love the way SWTOR handles things, you automagically de-level to the level of the area you are in. That isn't to say that it makes older (younger?) content hard, the gear still helps a lot, but I still can't just walk blindfolded through a level 20 heroic there, even with maxed toons. I play for FUN, not GRIND.

• Like Like x 5
  6. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Yup, I'm really enjoying SWTOR again after a couple of years break. Meaningful progression is a thing, and I love being able to autocomplete those storylines I didn't enjoy the first time to get to the next expansion.

But yes, to comment on the OP, thank you Feldon! You've really made a community 'home' here for this EQ2 refugee *hugs*

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

This is late, but I noticed in the "A Note from Kander" that Feldon was refered to as the Robin Hood of Norrath. Sorry, dude, but I think you are more like Don Quixote, tilting at the "giants". I do appreciate all you have done, but Darkpaw (or whatever it will call itself next week) just doesn't care as long as people keep shoving money at them. They might be waking up to the fact that the cattle they think of their customers are beginning to get restless and might stampede on their rear soon, but I really doubt that. Darkpaw has been loosing cows for years and not really doing much to stop that. If you want to make money, you have to be prepared to risk and spend money. They spent too much with the fiasco of EQ3 because no one said to "stop" until it was too late.

Cousin saw that happen before. Company (making automotive parts) was counting on a new process being finetuned and working by a certain date or they would be in serious trouble to maintain part flow. As time went by, getting closer to the deadline of completion, it was obvious that it would NOT be ready. But the company continued on and didn't prepare for that contingency. And so, when the process wasn't ready and would not be ready for another year or more... they didn't have enough parts to run each shift... constantly. Cousin complained so often they decided he was annoying and needed to go. He decided he was working at a "Dilbert" company and he needed to go...

Three years later, the corporation shut down that plant, putting about 700 people out of work, but we all know the management personnel got transfers to new jobs... while the workers didn't.

TL:DR Yeah, Darkpaw is in trouble.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

What server RhodrisNZ?
    I'm on StarForge, if you or anybody else needs anything. Of course, I have max level crafters in everything lol, and LOTS of mats and such.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RhodrisNZ

I have characters on both Star Forge (23) and Satele Shan (17). All 8 class stories are complete on SS, and I'm currently working on bringing up the lowbies on SF to get at least one of each class story completed. There have been a number of server mergers, so still sorting out who is which legacy etc now.

I have several at cap, and working through the Onslaught expansion with those as well.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Nice :)
    I have all of my class stories done, and am slowly working up everyone to 75. I've got a (lonely) Rep and Imp guild, and almost all strongholds fully unlocked (and mostly undecorated, I suck at that) if you ever wanted to wander though one you don't have. I will be picking up Alderaan when I can get back in, been busy at work.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I think it may have been nearly a year and a half since the last time I logged in to SWTOR. GW2 and CoH have been the two games taking up most of my MMO time for quite a while now.

12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Honestly, my ESO time fell behind private Minecraft and ARK servers. What can I say, it's about the people you play with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Honestly, I really did like a lot about ESO, but being unable to map my movement and camera keys was an absolute deal-breaker. Guess I'm too old to try to change things up.
    Same issue with Black Desert Online.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RhodrisNZ

I really, really want to play ESO and have tried several times. But I can't get past the movement mechanics - too frustrating for me.

I have budget for 2 subs, which are currently EQ2 and SWTOR. I might dust off the FFIX one once EQ2 folds and give that another go - I quite enjoyed it, but ran out of time with the thesis demanding attention. Hmmm....now that I'm working again, I might re-sub anyway (no longer a poor student living on beans, mince and 2-minute noodles).

Has anyone played Astellia? Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I haven't played Astellia.

If you have the time and funds, I do recommend having another go at FFXIV. I haven't played in a couple of years, but I doubt it's changed that much. Aside from not as many holiday events, and the housing system not being as robust, FFXIV has a better solo/group/raid experience, better gear progression, meaningful crafting and meaningful harvesting, even fishing!

And that's not touching on the quantity and quality of content or technical stability.

OH, and cat-boys.
    FFtekeye2.jpg

(his hair wasn't normally pink. his brother dyed it for Valentione's day)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I've tried to get into ESO but I really can't. It's some combination of the way it looks, the movement mechanics, and NPCs insisting that I'm the chosen one while it tells 15 other people the exact same thing.

Lately I've been playing WoW which might have the most boring leveling I've experienced in an MMO. The group stuff has been standard MMO grouping, it's fun enough. I'm not sure I quite understand why WoW is so popular. I'm sure end game must be amazing but 120 levels sounds like a lot at this point...

Overall I'd say GW2 is my favorite MMO right now, though I do really miss the standard MMO quest structure when I play it.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I am messing around in GW2 as well!

I actually prefer cooperative over competitive, and the auto scaling (because it works!), so the only thing I really miss is decorating.

If the itch gets too bad, I'll work more on the super group base in City of Heroes.

18. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I'd really like to shove Taimi's head in a dirty toilet and hold here there until the bubbles stop. Then I could hide her body next to Imoen and Linzi since they're all essentially the same annoying vehicle to push the plot.

But other than that I quite enjoy GW2.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  19. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I am having a blast in GW2 ever since I joined the wvw guild I am in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I played a number of games last time I left, my favourite was Secret World which I absolutely loved. Then they majorly overhauled / re-launched it, and it turned to crap.
    Rift was great for a while but it just lacked variety in things to do. The housing was fun though, and I loved being able to have all crafts on one toon.
    And then there was Ark. I still play that, it's great when you need some Dinosaur action.

@Tekka you're making FFXIV look and sound good. Maybe I'll give that a go next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1