1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EQ2 Producer’s Letter: Enter the Den of Darkpaw Games

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Benito

Benito Banned

I thought I was talking to the Women's Christian Temperance Movement for a moment.

It seems logical that those who want to regulate loot boxes should also want to regulate gambling (i.e. Republican legislative proposals). The moral outrage logically holds for this type of gaming.

2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Your assertions of outrage don't make it so.

The only one behaving in a weirdly illogical and emotional manner is you.

But do go on pontificating about how superior you are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Benito

Benito Banned

You may not be morally outraged but Mermut surely sounds like it:

Oh, and you "Agreed" with his post. o_O

4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I wouldn't assume Mermut's intentions, or state of mind. I suggest you don't either, it's not a good look.

I might agree with a point made in a post, but not the sentiment of it, or vice versa. Again, with your weird assertions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Heck, many of us agree with many people. Hitler felt he was doing Germany a favor getting rid of the 'undesirable". If you check history, many other countries during that time period also did some such actions to a lesser or greater degree. Doesn't mean we agree with all of his actions, though. Just some of his views had some good points... some.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

When the Bubble Gnomes have lost the debate, or lost too much face, they resort to weird and wildly speculative personal attacks and assertions.

It's 100% predictable behavior, and he seems to be right on schedule.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Benito

Benito Banned

Hmm.....

8. Benito

Benito Banned

Hitler good.

9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Nope, you fail again.

I have asserted nothing weird, nor even remotely like a personal attack against you. I have erected no strawmen, etc. etc.

Nor have I claimed that the opinions of others are <insert whatever weird thing that has nothing to do with the game discussion at hand here>.

Try harder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Benito

Benito Banned

I need only quote you to respond. This is sweet.

11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

While I have been morally outraged recently, it hasn't had anything to do with the EQ2 and certainly not by you.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I haven't played EQ2 in 2-3 years now, but even back then, the amount of people visible IN the world in LOTRO was huge compared to EQ2. Low level zones in LOTRO were and still are thriving with lots of people. EQ2's low level zones were ghost towns even 2-3 years ago.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I have, in the past week, popped in to check on both GW2 and ESO to see how things are going. GW2 spins up new maps once a particular threshold is reached, and ESO uses phasing (you don't see all the people around you). In both games I visited a hub city - Divinity's Reach in GW2 and Belkarth in ESO and in both cases, I could SEE with my own lil peepers, more people than came up in /WHO in EQ2 (yes, yes, I know, it doesn't count the /anon ones) when I stopped playing 2 years ago.

I went out into the world - zones where daily events go on, and zones where they don't. I saw folks roaming around in both cases.

So, yeah, the MMO industry as a whole might have reached it's peak and started to drop off, but non-guilded folks not being able to group up to do normal stuff and the empty post apocalyptic atmosphere is definitely an EQ2 thing (Rift is actually in the same boat for similar management reasons).

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I've said as much in the past on the OF and received stupid as a response.

Part of EQ2's problem is the bad management. Part of it is the overworked and attitude riddled staff putting out crap. Part of it is the declining population due to those things and more. I would argue a big part of it is what guilds themselves have been allowed to become over the years.

Any which way you look at it, though, EQ2 doesn't appear healthy no matter what many apologist might want to argue to the contrary, and that appearance speaks loudly.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I don't believe mmo's have peaked. The 3 or 4 at the top are doing just fine.

I do believe theme park mmo's have peaked. Rift (and many others) have shown that adding twists and features to a theme park design is just not interesting enough to hold folks.

Wow, eso, ffx; those games continue to produce because they are 100% customer-focused.

The mmo industry simply needs to evolve, and there are going to be successes and failures as the process iterates.

I have zero confidence that longdale can put together a new title. If she thinks she can produce essentially the same game she has now, but stick it in an Unreal engine, add a few twists and call it eq3, we're all going to be disappointed.

And let's face it, Longdale is not going to take risks, she's not going suddenly become customer-focused, and DBG is not going to step-up for a meaningful development budget.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 8
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It kinda reminds ne of RoK. Seems like there were sone house items with that flavor. Other than that, dunno.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Wow, they managed to perfectly capture the awful red UI with the logos.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

When I played TLE the first thing I did was download the "earth" theme on DarqUI. It looks sooooooo much better.