1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Census being turned off...

Discussion in 'Census: General Discussion' started by RhodrisNZ, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Bah.. I didn't realize HOW much I used eq2u until it was down.
    Need to make adorns for a character.. have to swap off my adorner, log them in, make a list, swap back to adorner.. and then hope I didn't miss anything because the only way to double-check it to swap....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Last time my character was updated was Sept 11th. But, I've not been logging in everyday so who know when it would have actually stopped. Which reminds me, I need to change my signature script to use the census date and not today's date.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Lol. UI's next.

• Shocked Shocked x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

o_O
    I can't imagine raid healing with the default UI... Okay, I can imagine it.. it's just messy and ugly and slow
    And makes the hotbar crunch 100% worse...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Imagine being a healer and having to cure detriments and managing curses without a 3rd part UI o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I raid on healers... the nightmare is real...

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Saw this on the kaladim community discord today and it sounded too good not to share.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine trying to keep track of death saves, wards and various other arts without a custom UI.
    The default UI is USELESS for that now.
    There are always over 30 'effects' active on my healer during raids. I've had to hide various effects just to get it down below 30 so custom UI spell watchers can see the effects to watch.
    Imagine trying to find the crucial arts in a list 20-30 items long.. impossible to see times with the icons... lose 1/4 of your screen if you show names and icons.. and still can't easily track the 2-6 arts in the list of 20+

I imagine tough fights will be just as difficult for tanks with tight defensive rotations. I seriously DREAD the 'default UI' raids.
    I suppose I could go hard core old-school and make macros and ACT timers for all my important arts.. *shudder*

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

UIs next; EQ2maps after that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

If what this person is saying is true, then it would be pretty trivial to be able to detect a botting account that is using isxeq2 just by the data that it is sending/receiving.
    I guess they don't due to it also being used by boxxers?

Anyway, they are moving to the UI now it seems.

I have to agree with them with the UI, when I had to edit ProfitUI to tune the crafting window/personal to my preferences. All I can say is that code was a bunch of spaghetti.
    ★ When I say editing ProfitUI, I mean before it changed to the community edition.

From my perspective, DarqUI looks a lot better codewise, I haven't had to edit it but just a skim it looks a lot less hacked together.

The slow zoning still existed without the census transfers up, so I'm guessing it wasn't that.

Probably something to do with all the recipes/achievements/shiny data. I believe (I may not be right) that the recipes are loaded whenever you zone, so 10-20k recipes every time you zone would slow things down I reckon.
    I noticed that when I was using Profit that all my recipes wouldn't load at times and I would have to camp to myself or change zones to get them to appear.

11. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Sounds like your eyes will be going squirlly Mermut ;)

Either that or someone will make an ACT plugin and the TTS will be driving you bonkers.
    Hooking up the second monitor for the ACT spell timers will be a thing for you until they switch back 3rd party UIs;).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

2nd monitor doesn't help.. would need an overlay on my main screen. On raid fights where I need to watch stuff closely, I can't afford to be looking back and forth between different screens.. my monitored spells need to be near my group/raid window

I could probably write a bunch of macros and ACT timers to keep track of that... but *shudder* will still be a pita and much clunkier than custom UI spell watchers. And.... I KNOW too many ACT triggers can cause client-side lag

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

EQ2 maps is considered a custom UI....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Oranorn

Oranorn New Member

I use default and never had any issues. I'm not defending their turning off third party UI, but I prefer the default. Call me crazy.

I do have one custom add on to track spells, so I'm not sure what happens to that.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

EQ2 maps is fundamentally a UI - we may not have to wait.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I can't believe people use the standard Broker window. When I switched to the ProfitUI window, it cut the amount of time I spent screwing around in the broker in half.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I admit I am not technically savvy, but why all of the sudden are things like census and custom ui(s) which have been around forever being blamed or even considered as a reason for lag? Additionally, there are fewer players than ever before so less to draw on server resources. I don't get it.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Me neither. It seems to me as if they have this lag problem, they have absolutely no clue what's going on with it so they are going to work through their tick list of things to check even if that something couldn't even be remotely connected to the problem. It's called desperation :)

I'm stocking up with popcorn. If eq2maps suddenly vanishes the show should be quite entertaining. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

This, this makes me happy I bailed when I did. The defiler nerf may have been the proximate clause, but I knew it wasn't getting any better.

As for UIs, it's infuriating how much raiding is an exercise in data management instead of tactical execution now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Yes, regarding the ability to detect botters, Zoltoroth made an tool back in the day that can detect if any account has had any modifications done to the client, through any program, not just ISXeq2, but also viper, cheat engine, radar, etc.

They ran this tool during the Nagafen server and it auto banned anyone who had innerspace to even open the eq2 client, we had one of our botters test this as his initial account was banned for simply making a character on nagafen 2.0, and standing in freport without having any actual boxing/botting programs open. We attempted it on nagafen 3.0 and it appears that the tool is ran at random moment, it's a script that caith runs and he sends a email with all the accounts to ban to customer service.

Regarding the earlier part of the post, there is a certain developer whom I will not name, who not only botted when he did raid. But still uses it now. I know in the past certain other un-named devs would bot entire raids to test their raid content. FWIW, botting is fully allowed in eq2 regardless of what the cover story the devs post on the forums/discord, because it's quite easy to remove it from the game entirely right now.

I've raided on TLE with bots in the raid, even groups or more full of them at times; even then the lag isn't considerably worse or better than raiding with a full 24 players. We also had the coder of Ogre in our guild, he routinely disabled Ogre on certain contested mobs that were too simple for their rewards so people couldn't bot them at 1am.

This UI "attempt" I will call it is somewhat confusing on DBG's part. They already tried this with Fatality back in 2014 when we were beta testing raids with Gninja for altar of malice. We all went in, with no ISX, Radar, Ogre, Third party UI's, eq2maps, you name it. Base client, no mods, beta server. We still had the same exact lag issues as usual on the live servers.

• Informative Informative x 3