1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Darkpaw Games

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

That's what I used to tell my ex when I spent so many nights at a strip club.

She didn't buy it, but at least my child support is paid off.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

But are you really better off?

I mean, Tekka = pixel fluff whale.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I mean, what's she going to say? "No EQ3 is dead and 1/2 are in full-on maintenance mode."

Edit: If they wanted to release a new EQ title and make a little money, I'm just gonna throw it out there that I would gladly pay $30-40 for Champions of Norrath on Switch or PC.

5. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Yes.

She could word it better and turn it into a pep talk, but that's exactly what she should have done.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

It's that general sliminess that prevents me from giving them any more money. They will never be honest. Its my understanding that they did the same thing with Landmark. I got a refund early on, but I read that they were still promoting items for sale right up until they posted their intent to sunset the game. Many of the remaining EQ 1/2 staff and those that have moved on, owe a great part of their career success to their loyal customers, but you would never know it by their words and actions past and present.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

DBG is preparing the :

Doomsday for the complete gaming-industry - 27th August 2019 - The day WoW-Classics starts!

The shrunken MMO industry is awaiting this tsunami.
    All games will be hit for some month with a massive loss of players (and incoming money).

The only question is, how many of the 12 million subscribers will return!

8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

WoW-Classics? Never heard of it. Why would it be 'doomsday' for gaming?

9. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

WoW classic will pull players away from EQ2, but as far as gaming in general I doubt it'll have much appeal outside of the older MMO scene. I don't think they're going to have anywhere close to 12 million people playing classic.

10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Look, we have folks flocking to a game resurrected from the binary graveyard after six and a half years. I think there's a nostalgia play to be made, yes, but it's hardly going to rock the foundations of the scene.

11. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  12. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Wow classic has thousands, if not hundred of thousands players in QUEUE more than eq2 have had players for half a decade. Shows you just how sad of a state eq2 is in and it makes you wonder why people still play it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

There have now been two 'classic' versions of MMOs that have been extremely successful (RuneScape and WoW), which just goes to show that the idea is sound. It's the execution that's the issue for Daybreak.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Perhaps the best execution would be the upper management of Daybreak Games. To alter a classic line from Heavy Metal movie: "Daybreak Games?! They are just a low-down, double-dealing, backstabbing, larcenous, perverted worms! Hanging is too good for them! Burning is too good for them! They should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I know folks who have been waiting in those queues. Yep, I blew that call.

Then again I thought in '92 that this thing I stumbled across called the "World Wide Web" would never go anywhere, so my judgement is suspect at best...

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

*waves at Meneltel* Hi Meneltel - we've missed you!

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 3
  18. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Yeah, back online. I would try my ISP/internet setup from time to time (stubborn about getting it up) and suddenly I had an option to repair it as it was my DCHP that was not set up... I think the note said. So I told it to repair it... and it worked! So I am back, didn't have to buy an ethernet card, though we are looking at replacing it or something in December when we have a few dollars. I wont replace it until I need to, but put the money aside for computer repairs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  19. BisonZabi

BisonZabi New Member

Darkpaw Games is as good of an idea as calling your studio "TheyBreak Games Company" I can imagine people with no knowledge in this saying "Is that some sort of furry studio?" I mean just google 'darkpaw' and one of the first results is a babyfur pic.

• Funny Funny x 1