1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Get Off My Lawn

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

A thought crossed my mind, what if someone finally read all the complaints by testers about EQNext and decided it wasn't worth continuing to fund it and that was the real reason they stopped it but publically went with "not fun".

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

The giant eyes and over-exaggerated facial expressions did not appeal to me at all. Yes I know there's irony that my avatar here has big eyes LOL!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Some of the furnishings and other props they were making looked like something out of a cartoon my daughter and nieces would have been watching when they were little. The stuff just kept trickling in to Landmark and I was a bit more disappointed every time some of it did. Then they started adding stuff to Landmark that seemed to be reskinned EQ2 housing items. It just looked bad and these were the types of items they apparently had wanted us to help build Next with.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Sadly, it wasn't really 10 years. The Extreme, Huge, Great, Tremendous (I feel like I'm quoting Trump) expansions in power started really in ToT, or maybe the expansion just before, but I really think it was ToT, when they basically ran out of interest/ideas for actual content. That insane growth is one of the reasons I and my guild quit. For the moment, a bunch of us are currently just enjoying SWTOR, for one reason because of the zone-wide scaling of power, but with SWTOR and LOTRO, the end game power of a player is still pretty much linearly scaled from the beginning, without having to just multiply it by 1000 each expansion to get people to play.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. omuteef

omuteef Member

The start of the massive stat inflation stared in ToT thats when they decided to make items that had a power rating based on how many people where in group and how many people had a said item. This caused massive lag as it was too much to process all the calculations. So some one said hey lets just make all the items a fixed stat increase of the max bonus you would get. I remember at the start of the expansion i was at 1k potency by the end i was well above 3k.

Then of course they kept on raising stat levels by enormous amounts ( for what ever reason ), when the realized they where so high they put in stupid mechanics to stop groups form one shooting content . Of course the icing on the cake is ascensions even more powerful abilities to do massive dmg in short bursts. They did find a nice cash cow in ascensions though so ill give them that ( sigh).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

I can't believe people still think this. There were about 10 problems causing mountains of more lag than the DPS/HPS numbers being high and that was years ago. The list is probably even longer now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

This!

EQ2 has major lag issues no matter if the raid dps is in the billions or at 100k.... the lag is and have always been there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Which makes me wonder why it's always been a thing after this long.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Incompetence and white knights in drowes.

I mean just take a look at Sigrdrifa. You could litteraly add eating poop in real life as a feature for eq2 and he/she would defend it.

"URRH JUST GO HARVEST RARES FOR A WEEK AND SELL IT ITS SUCH FUN GAMEPLAY FOR NEW PLAYERS."

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

She just doesn't get the idea that some gameplay isn't fun for others.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Speaking of Siggy... someone posted a video to help others to learn experimenting quick and easy.... but nooooo... it wasn't the Siggy way.. so it was "not needed" according to her.... it didn't follow her write up and was a much quicker way... can't have someone else doing it more efficiently.... Reminds me of her defense of her faulty dps calculations. Fun and tragic to read.

• Agree Agree x 3