1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I may get banned soon

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pouncer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Tekzilla's the one you have to worry about - she steal cookies!! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I did think of that.

/gives stink eye of warning to Tekka

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I think it's also worth remembering that both pvp and pve events are critical to driving the sandbox elements of AoC.

If a node falls in pvp, it changes the story just as much as pve events change it. This dual nature is how the game remakes itself and keeps offering something different.

It's not about catering to one or the other. It's about making both important, but still allowing either playing preference to co-exist and contribute to the construction/deconstruction/reconstruction of the world and the stories.

It's not all scripted by the dev's. The two systems work together to make player behavior an active force in shaping and reshaping the game.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

A friend plays a game that was Horizons (now Istaria) and he commented that there were GM driven events there, such as a town attacked by powerful monsters. If the players didn't rally to defend the town, it would be destroyed and not rebuilt. That players CAN effect the game in that way. Sounded cool, but to really play the game you had to pay to play... and money and I are a long distant friend *frowns*. You can play for free there, but lots of limits, to be expected.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I played Horizons at launch and have revisited it from time to time over the years. There are some neat things in the game given how old it is like the multi classing and being able to play a dragon. The people who are handling it now seem well meaning and do their best for a small operation. The community is small but tight. It's a shame that the game started out such a poorly handled mess under the control of what I can only describe as a scammer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Welp.......another stellar review has surfaced on Glassdoor. Funny, the only positive thing people seem to express with any frequency is the free snacks and drinks.

There is the one stellar review that seems pinned to the top. There is NO way this is legit....It reads like it was written by a 9 year old.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. dalu

dalu New Member

I absolutely believe Sigr---- is one or more of the devs. The amount of ass kissing and condescending behavior is unreal.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  8. RhodrisNZ

Nah, she got told by no-less a personage than the Almighty Kander himself to stop posting inane and trivial crap ("the icon background is the wrong colour"; "the weapon icon should be a sword, not an axe") in the Beta forum and to use the /bug command instead - that's what it's there for, after all!!

Edit: Spelling, schmelling....

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 6
  9. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Probably because /bug just goes into a black hole that no one ever sees. :p

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Bit like the issue tracker then

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

The almighty mod got moderated!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

I banned myself from OF, after most of my beta postings with some analysis, critics and/or presenting alternativ solutions, getting deleted within minutes.
    As long as Sigi is spammming low quality answers and/or giving false advice and your correction get deleted it is a waste of time posting in OF.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  13. Ansom

Ansom Member

Lol, they delete even the post with bug/problem (with solution) too? lol

14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Welp! My current .sig (on display here already) just debuted in the Priest "feedback" thread. Wonder if they'll give a warning or just go straight to bannination...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

I guess equating forum moderation to interpretive dance while pointing out the decline in quality is ban worthy. Who knew? (I knew)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Shocked Shocked x 3
  16. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

Almost no one at daybreak/SOE has been able to take feedback for years. I'd catch **** for constructive feedback, mostly because Gninja was oversensitive, so might as well go for the gold if you are going to get in trouble any way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

Sorry you can't call him a child.

@Feldon please edit his post

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2019
    • Fishy Fishy x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

....wat?

19. RhodrisNZ

Feldon edited one of his previous posts because he called a dev a child - this is Adoninilol making a point that the forum rules are applied consistently (as if Feldon wouldn't have done it eventually because, like us, I'm sure he doesn't lurk on the forum 24/7 and would have seen it at some stage). The post Adon-whatsit refers to has been edited.

20. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

Oh. Well he is an oversensitive middle aged-tween, then. Also by simply using this handle any 'anonymity' I might have could easily be destroyed down to my home address with minimal effort by several former SOE era employees.