1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion Announced

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Of COURSE they did. Another progression system hastily tacked on.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Another tedious progression system. Yay...

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

So in other words, nothing to get us excited and rush out to pre-order, other than the same ol' manure from them as always. Other than having the crafting line (for those who like to craft) actually being ready *crosses fingers* when its supposed to, unlike last time. Gee, what a HUGE improvement! *rolls eyes*

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Was thinking of sticking around for raid buddies.

Am now reconsidering.

F*** Daybreak.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, mounts 'level up' like mercs.. they're just extra equipment slots, the mount's stats don't go up. At the moment, the few pieces of 'mount gear' in beta is small beans.. 16% max health, 160 pot, .5 fervor, 5 in-combat run speed.

6. Feldon

At least I don't have to worry about Census supporting it. Mount equipment slots have been in there for years now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

My memory's a little fuzzy, was it the same number of slots as there are now?

This game has too many ****ing equipment slots.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Feldon

<equipmentslot displayname="Mount Adornment" id="24" name="mount_adornment"/>
    <equipmentslot displayname="Mount Armor" id="25" name="mount_armor"/>

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Yep. Totally off the rails. (And you know that junk will just clutter loot tables up even more, making it next to impossible to see anything useful drop...)

Not to mention what's happening to wards. And the overproliferation of power drains.

Yeah, f*** this xpac.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I bet you that EQ2Players.com will have Mount stats and gear listed!
    Oh wait, never mind...

Just another example of the mainstream liberal EQ2 media keeping the dwarf Templar in his place. Why won't the failing EQWire Times publish stories about all the rez's I have been casting??? Granted all those characters died cause I didn't heal them, so why aren't we talking about my 2.1B parse? Clearly fake parses and biased tool-tips against short races...

Vote O'Brien '49
    and bring Charlie home!

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

And the latest ham-fisted attempt at making groups bring fighters to zones lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They stated that all mount gear will be crafted, though some will require 'materials' from herioic + content. So mount gear won't be dropping, at least

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Not to mention the nested adornment slots within the equipment slots. That's why I quit the adventure game several expansions back - I couldn't handle having a spreadsheet be mandatory for keeping track of my gear :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

All of this makes me think of the sanity/insanity description, but as it applies to DBG/EQ2 Team. DBG/EQ2 Team keep doing the same things, and yet some how, the players keep expecting a different result.

The live stream was like watching the 3 stooges. Kander and Roxxlyy were particularly annoying with the childish giggling and silly commentary, not to mention Roxxlyy stumbling over her words with regard to the expansion.

I was reminded of being in elementary school. The only time any one was serious was when Roxxlyy kept reminding us that we could pre-order now.

SMH.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

The problem, as I see it, isn't the gear or gear slots.

It's yet another item to force monetization. Just like mercenaries, that started off with the best being hunted down in Norrath and tagged, or from vet rewards or CE expansion orders, but have now moved firmly into the set-your-money-on-fire cash shop lottery. Sound familiar?

I don't see the mount thing going in any better a direction than the predecessors. It's another vapid gimmick to distract from the bleak reality of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

As a member of the TLE server, Fallen Gate this doesn't warrant anything good for us at all.

The upcoming expansion (Sentinel's Fate) is slated to drop the same day as the live expansion. While they are busy building (copy pasting more content) a entire expansion in the upcoming weeks, i'm doubtful any of the itemization for us/the content will be balanced what so ever.

I'm sure of course we will get some new great pay to win mount, familiar, and illusion to entice TLE players into buying content they will never actually see just to clear zones tuned around pay to win.

I actually made a post in the TLE section and it basically said along the lines of "hmm, no developer has posted in these forums in over 6+ months, and that was fyreflyte who is now laid off. Yet the devs are pretty active in the beta forums it seems!", which was instantly deleted of course due to the truth behind the statement and developer's thin skin.

A developer has not actually interacted with a single member of the community on TLE in a very long time, except for a few select people in direct messages on discord, and of course kander spewing his same bullshit that runs out of his mouth that "fixes are coming" (that 90% of my guild is banned from, for asking for developer response to the myriad of issues facing us).

At this point FG will be dead by the end of the year, people are quitting left and right and they aren't helping the situation at all.

But hey at least we have more pay to win potency, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. stach

stach Member

Just remember Fallout 76 is coming to PC Oct 30th for $80.00 or 60 for the standard addition which is cheaper than the middle pack for Eq2 you can get a brand new game that will be online and multiplayer also. :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

NARRATOR: They weren't.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Nope, but wanna take any bets that some of the required crafting components will be drops?

• Agree Agree x 2