1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Daybreak games shut down in 2 months?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I am afraid that nothing will change as the faction in the development team with the most influence is still there and running things so expect more of the same.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Oh, they are aware.
    They have been since the takeover, hence the big push for marketplace sales, and keeping if not introducing billions of exploited Platinum into at least EQ2 in order to drive up Krono sales, which are apparently a "Loss" unless actually spent.

3. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Discord is So Heavily Censored by DBG Godlings they they will gladly toss a complete IP ban if you don't kiss the mods asses. I think it's a game with them, whoever has the fewest bans at the end of the week has to buy the drinks at the bar.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

They keep deleting online documents. They just removed their privacy policy from 2015.

Doesnt seem fishy what so ever.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. stach

stach Member

This whole thing has nothing to do with eq2, at this point it is meaningless in the companies bank sheet, it will stay around until the servers are to expensive to run, then shut down. This will on the other hand hit H1Z1 hard, as it just started some pro-player season with a big kick-off in vegas. That's where a lot of people are going to loose money if Daybreak is killed in all this mess

7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

H1Z1 is back down to 8000 active players from a peak of 150,000. The game is not making money anymore. This pro league is the last gasp.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I wonder if Esports believes they were suckered?

At some point, consumers, vendors, partners, and investors are going to figure out that's how DBG does business.

Perhaps the Treasury Dept. will consider this also.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

There is something sad about deleting threads and posts that even HINT at this issue while refusing to mention, even in PMs, that anything IS being deleted.
    When comments saying 'wait until June' with no other context are deleted... clearly somebody is reading things very carefully and scubbing every hint.
    That suggests more, rather then less, that there IS a reason to 'worry' and 'suspect'.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Korucuu

Korucuu New Member

So, that's everything settled then, right? hehe

Regarding Daybreak’s Ownership | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Funny Funny x 7
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Feldon

They don't have to convince us. They have to convince the Department of Treasury and Department of Justice.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

That post in the EQ2 forums is beyond pathetic... some of the documentation they're 'fixing' are the DBG terms of service. Amazing how even the purchased company was 'misinformed' about who bought them.. even to the extent of mentioning CN by name in their terms of service. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Don't like it? Delete it. - DayBreakGames 2018

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  15. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

lol

I'm out of popcorn. someone want to share?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

I reckon Daybreak has been doing exactly what the lawyers advise thru all of this, even though it's funny to watch in action.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Feldon

I'd stock up on popcorn. This may not be the only news of this magnitude in the near future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  20. Cyliena

Cyliena Guest

I'm a bit scared to know the scope of the layoff... :\