1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New Tradeskill Timeline Announcement

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Khendrask, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Assuming it's the same reforge exploit, there was no sanity checking on the values being passed from the client, so you could pass negative numbers and cause your stats to underflow.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Even Feldon did an article about it: https://eq2wire.com/2012/07/19/item-reforging-bug-coming-to-a-head/

It was not only players on Nagafen who figured it out. I never used it on my main account, never in bg's and I never used it to disco stuff. The mobs I killed that had not yet been killed by any guild I just grabbed the plat from the chests and let the rest rot.

It is like the oldest coding mistake in games there is... Lot's of MUDs back in the mid 90s used to have that bug... I was actually very surprised the first time I tested it in EQ2 and it worked.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

The latest reforge bug/exploit is pretty broken too for those who have the experimented mastercrafted fabled heroic items.

You can literally give yourself around a 6k potency boost just by reforging 1 haste into 0.5 pot on each piece.

All these stupid systems layered on top of each other just causes more and more bugs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Random aside, but FFXI and FFXIV were both bad for these kinds of glitches too. It felt like even though the games were available for PC, the developers still assumed their players were going to be rule-abiding console players (where it'd be much harder to hack). There was an exploit in FFXI a few years back that literally allowed you to generate gil (their currency) out of thin air; they had introduced an NPC to bank your gil but they only did client-side verification of your withdrawal amount. FFXIV had some bad ones too, which was even more embarrassing considering it's a much more recent game.

5. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I tried ESO when it was on sale for $10. I didn't keep playing because of movement issues. I know there are a lot of game pads and joysticks out there but I don't want to have to buy one to play a game. I found the movement aggravated issues I have and also the lack of auto-follow is another deal breaker. I rely heavily on auto-following my husband when we play together. Solo, I'm fine in most games (not ESO) because I'm not trying to keep up with someone. Trying to follow someone without auto-follow is tedious and not fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

OMG I nearly fell off my chair in shock:

Kander in TS thread

Something must be happening in the offices....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mecah

Mecah New Member

A crap ton of cancelled subs happened, would be my guess. All the people that post about being unhappy, makes you wonder how many quietly left (as I did). I haven't logged in, in over a month. Cancelled my sub. There is a lot they would have to do to get me to come back, and I have played since release.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Only a fraction of the player base participate in the forums, maybe a few more in discord as it is the in thing.
    I dropped my sub again after the release of the Trade Skill Signature line which isn't but I have come and gone from EQ2 many times.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

It is sad and very telling that the only time they care about the happiness of the player base is when they start losing money. I am not impressed at all by Kander or any of the others as I know they are insincere. It does make for good entertainment though.

I will never trust them with my entertainment dollars again, as they have proven to me that when they think they have the upper hand, they don't give a rats patootie about what their loyal player base thinks and/or feels (that is unless you are heaping glowing praise on them).

/end rant

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Where do the new Tinkering recipes come from? eg: Innovation Tinkering Volume 106.

I'm still trying to understand why all these new books are so rare and seemingly hard to get. By the time crafters have obtained them they'll be obsolete.

11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I've seen folks say they got craft books from solo/heroic dungeons, not sure about the tinker ones specifically, though.

12. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

They are just the ones for sale on the NPC in CoV aren't they? You can buy them for like 15 adventuring currency, and some crafters asked if they could have the recipe books added to the daily/weekly tradeskill rewards.

They are limited charge recipes, and kind of meh overall.

13. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

They've been oddly responsive to some feedback lately. For example I suggested the weekly reward for the Heroic Crafting item, and it was added a week later. Epic 2.0 pre-reqs heading in a better direction too.

Not sure what is causing it, maybe a few weeks spare time between TS line finishing & full xpac 15 mode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Nope, I looked there. There is two of the other volumes for sale on the broker on HoF, but no sign of 106. The only person I know on HoF that has it is a raider, though of course that could be pure coincidence.
    These recipes are a stack-able 15% HP boost.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Innovation_Tinkering_Volume_106

15. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

They are sold by the guild Tradeskill Recipe Salesman for 34g 99s 20c.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  16. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Oh Rosy I could just hug you! Thank you so much.

I won't tell you how much I paid for one of the volumes on the broker ...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  17. karimovic

karimovic New Member

I agree with you in this case and it is sad and very revealing to note that the only one and I have the precise moment when they care about the happiness of the players is to start losing money

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dorothea987

Dorothea987 WhysperWynde alt

I don't know what everyone is grumbling about .. I think it a time saver for your pony to gather harvests for you by running past them rather than you stopping and harvesting themselves. Am I missing something? Do the ponies get Rares too? If you have enablers enacted that allow YOU to harvest more Rares .. will they also work to aid your pony in getting more? If not it's cucked!

{WhysperWynde alt}

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2021
  19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ponies only gather from nodes once every 30 seconds (maybe it's 15 sec?)... and they don't gather with your stats. The 'passive harvesting' the ponies do is barely noticable.