1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New Tradeskill Timeline Announcement

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Khendrask, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Wait a minute, they didn't upgrade the harvest list on the pony, you get random harvests as you run by instead of being able to send it out?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

That's what's been reported...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Thanks Tekka, I will keep that in mind :).

4. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I wondered that also lol :p.

5. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

[​IMG]

Based on the description, I don't think it's writs but rather the ability to send your guild hall harvesters out for PoM mats. Niami's post seems to corroborate this:

6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Thanks for the info. Reading the above lameness makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

Wow .........

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

So the guild harvesters can get new mats.. but the ponies cannot...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

AND, it looks like you need your pony out, and following you around, so it has a "Chance" of getting "Something" every 90 seconds.

For the record, I thought about going to test, and testing this, and I would have, IF
    A) Test were really TEST, and not a totally special ruleset server
    B) There was more than a single week to actually test

A makes just about anything tested invalid on Live, and B makes me not even give a damn if the entire TS line is just a bloody week for garbage rewards.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I'm trying ESO but really struggling with the movement mechanics. I hate the FPS-style (I never did well with consoles either - I'm very uncoordinated). I'm also stuck with EQ2 as I play there with a friend who won't move to anything that doesn't have the defined 'trinity' of classes. :(

From what I've read (both there and here), this TS line isn't worth doing. The rewards do not outweigh the pain. Seriously - a pony that harvests....something....as you run by a node? More lag-inducing crap following you around? If this is the 'fun' version, I'd really hate to have seen what the 'not fun' version was like! (Personally, I think they just plain forgot about the TS line until it was too late to do anything.)

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Wouldn't having the ponies out and doing a ping every 90 seconds increase lag? You know that thing they claimed they made the poorly thought out changes to Dagger Storm for?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

ESO is a really great game and I liked it a lot but the lag from Australia was making it unplayable for me. I have settled in Wow currently as an alternative as with local servers the lag is 36ms. I am still pottering around in EQ2 as well but I am thinking that EQ2 has become the game of cann't whereas Wow is the game of can :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I find it irksome now when players run around with their ponies out, won't it be awesome when they're everywhere. I trust this change they're making doesn't affect how they collect lower level harvests. And a Ceffyl illusion for our pack ponies, is that so it blends in? Wouldn't it be better to shrink it, or make the illusion the little monkey so it wasn't so in your face?

Are they really that far removed from the player base, that they think this questline and the rewards are good? It feels more like they're taunting us to leave. I'm guessing there's no tradeskill mount at the end of this, oh silly me I forgot we already had the tradeskill mount achievement.
    It's not on Beta, I can't see them changing anything so it's a 'I couldn't be stuffed' from me.

How does the sig line update guild harvesters? Does someone in the guild have to do the sig line for them to FUNCTION AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE. Please tell me it's not reliant on the sig line.

/rant off because I'm honestly finding it hard not to swear.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I could tell you that, but I'd be lying...
    From what I can see the person sending them out has to have finished the timeline to get the option to send them out for PoM mats...
    And ponies are not getting that ability...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Once again, I don't have enough words that aren't profanity to express how I feel about this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

it honestly feels like they're only catering to the players that were forced to reach 100 tradeskill for their epic 2.

i'm still shaking my head.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

can't wait until the pony harvests a loot item in a zone where ground spawns matter.....

isn't there a zone like that in this xpac?

sounds like that's going to be a super good comboooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It turns out the guild harvesters do NOT get PoM harvests for you.. they send YOU out to harvest instead.
    The listed reward is 2 tears of ro and a mystery crate (similar to the one the KA TS quests gave, it seems).
    The quests are currently busted, so we have no idea what the 'mystery rewards' might be. The crate does not show anything when examined.

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

So does this mean that guild harvesters can be sent out for the new tier without the TS line, or their harvest menu is not being updated at all for the new tier? (or is that not yet known?)

19. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

It's the quest that keeps on giving. I can't believe how bad it is.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I thought the whole point of the harvesters was to go and gather so you don't have to....the mind boggles as to how this could possibly be seen as a bonus, not a step backward.

• Agree Agree x 6