1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Fighter Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. rainmare

rainmare Member

we know it's not a befallen zone. the book has nothing to do with Gynok. that's just where they sent the other guys mind that got trapped or broken. we're looking for a book from followers of Gorynn or 'strong gladiatorial tradition'. Befallen didn't have that, nor were they gladiators. if anything they were closer to the Knights of the order of marr, then they were anything else.

2. Tupperbeast

Tupperbeast New Member

Yep Befallen is the Stories with Gynok.
    The Stories of Gorynn was with Varig Ro in abig Battle in the Coliseum of Zek (contested Kael Drakkal have a Coliseum)
    The only Problem is we search a Book or Collections or something?

3. rainmare

rainmare Member

Contested Kael has already been throughly searched, as well as all the Kael instances

4. rainmare

rainmare Member

anyone tried the Splitpaw adv pack? there's a gladiator ring event in there so that might be a place to look

5. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Some info from Kander, quoted from the Mage Epic 2.0 thread (credit to NightGod):

tl;dr - Each epic is 6 quests - 5 heroic, 1 mythical; each archetypal quests should only require 2 factions. Quests "should" be in Kunark zones and forward, but he didn't write them all so can only absolutely vouch for the two he did.

6. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Paladin guildy tried it (mentored down, to get the script to work) but didn't see anything useful.

7. Tupperbeast

Tupperbeast New Member

Man could now also go a bit through the Lore whether there is something to be found there.

Gorynn and Derris are two examples of planar entities that are not commonly known. These planars were born and bred on the battlefields of the Plane of War. Here is a bit about them:

Gorynn
    Plane of Existence: Plane of War
    A.K.A.: Champion of Zek
    Related Deities: N/A
    Worshipers: Gladiators
    Gorynn resides upon the Plane of War where he has retained the title of Champion of Zek. He once ruled as a great general in the Army of Zek, but has since moved on to become the resident champion of the Plane of War’s grand arena. He has bested and laid waste to thousands of would be champion gladiators. Rallos Zek admires his skill and ferocity in combat and has allowed Gorynn to build one secluded arena of majestic proportions upon each world that the god of war touches. Gorynn is a member of a tall, heavily muscular four armed humanoid race indigenous to the Plane of War.

Derris Zek
    Plane of Existence: Plane of War
    A.K.A.: The Prince of Plunder, The Pillager
    Related Deities: N/A
    Worshipers: Orc Rogues, Bandits, Raiders
    Derris Zek is a general within the great Army of Zek. Known for pillaging and plundering through territory his army marches through, General Derris is feared by most. He is merciless and believes in striking terror into the hearts of the enemy by razing and pillaging any enemy territory he crosses.

Varig Ro, the God of Blacksmiths, is a son of Solusek Ro.

8. rainmare

rainmare Member

anyone with 50k checked Rime? I tried paineel and rime but my faction isn't maxed for either but didn't see anything. I'm thinking the book is going to be a drop myself. anyone try the Xalogizan stronghold?

9. Tupperbeast

Tupperbeast New Member

10. Sounson

Sounson New Member

Still no progress? I would think Plane of War or somewhere in Qeynos, but I haven't had any luck either.

11. Sounson

Sounson New Member

Did anyone go through this questline already and check for stuff? Maybe that HQ is a pre-req for clicking a book?

12. rainmare

rainmare Member

Opalla and the BBC are not things we need to worry about. what we need to worry about is the 'followers of Gorynn' and those with 'gladiatorial traditions' for the book we're supposed to find. the entire talk about Gynok was to tell you where in time they sent the other guys mind. and neither Gynok, nor his order were linked to either of those things.

13. Sounson

Sounson New Member

Interestingly enough, I was able to pick up the mythical Bruiser epic weapon quest for Gorynn's Fist from Borga Rallok as a monk for some reason.

14. Edrickx

Edrickx Guest

I went to check out the 2nd cache again to see if maybe the bookshelf had the book, and I can no longer see the caches. But maybe their placement meant something? Unrest, Timzak and the village next to Ossuary.

Or, what would be similar logic to;
    -Flour, Gorynn Emblem, Fighter Scroll, Visions of Slumbering One = Timzak Caves
    -Weapons, Training Dummy, Armor, Pygmy Book = Delf Village Near Ossuary
    -Armor, Weapons, Stove, Chest = Withered Lands

Or, maybe the totality of the caches are supposed to help us? Like where would we find four, language we don't speak, a slumbering one, training dummies, and stoves, as each cache obviously worshiped Gorynn (the 4 armed emblem).

15. Ingerimm

Ingerimm New Member

Frohes neues Jahr euch allen .. a happy new year at all :)

16. Ansom

Ansom Member

Same... The npc offer to me the quest A Taste of Past Glory

:p

17. rainmare

rainmare Member

I talked to her as a paladin, and she just tells me basically to go away.

18. Tupperbeast

Tupperbeast New Member

dir auch ein frohes neues and happy new year at all :p

19. rainmare

rainmare Member

well I did Castle Highhold, no book

20. Airablade

Airablade Guest

Did Plane of War tonight and no go there