1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Pretty quiet here. Did they finally kill the game?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Zorvan, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

Just wondering. I can hear the echoes as I type.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

It does seem VERY quiet. I'm nonetheless gearing up for the expansion.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Julesholland

Julesholland New Member

EQ2 is pretty quiet at the moment, the deep breath before the expansion

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

EQ2 seems to be going about as strongly as it's been for the last few years, the remaining population is happy with it I suppose. I think with these forums it's just that there's not really much to talk about, most people here don't play the game anymore and EQ2 is just kind of existing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Happy 19th Anniversary..sort of.

"Silly me" i came back in September to see the Prologue for the new expansion. After seeing that they used Thundering Stepps, Nektulos Forest, Barren Sky and Bonemire for the quests , i thought this could be a great expansion.

The upcoming expansion is more of the same. 3 Overland Zones, beautifully done as always by Hoamaru and his Team.

The main issue i have is that "Have i been here before" feeling. The answer is "Yes" Multiple Times, First Overland Zone is pretty much "Plane of Sky" and "Vesspyr Islands" combined. The same Mobs as in the last expansions.

"No class Balance" or Reducing Stats as by many player asked. The only thing added asked by player is a Heritage Quest.

The new feature "New Researcher" are NPCs researching Adorns, Mount Gear and there like. The potential biggest P2W Mechanic is a researcher researching 11 (in Words : Eleven) Tiers of Mounts ! Do you imagine they difference between lets say a Lvl4 and a Lvl11 Mount.

Update: I learned that you will be able to research Familiars and Mercs as well.

Chrono Dungeons: Another way to use old content instead of creating new stuff. You can run through old Dungeons with a Baubble and earn a new currency to buy new stuff.

But the new stuff is up to 10 Tiers of the same Adorments. This is whole new Level of Grinding.

All in all it is to much grinding for very little else.

Level (5) increase to Level 130.

This is an expansion going into Everquest's 2 20th anniversary.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. candy206039

candy206039 New Member

When I bump my soloing nose against too tough nameds in Diablo IV I "run home to mama": do little and/or grey quests in EQ2 until I can set my keyboard aside without testing its aerodynamic capabilities first. I am a creature of habit and will probably play EQ2 until it closes, unless I can find something that can keep me away, and that kind of hours-long entertainment seems past.

I have been waiting for both Feldon and Lera to ride off into the(ir) sunset(s). I think Lera still plays but she seems more and more disengaged, but Feldon has not played for years - and I am unsure either one's website is enough to hold their interest.

I am probably wrong. I usually am, in some fashion. But I know the funny definition of insanity and the current makers of EQ2 are LOONEY.

7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I'm actually looking at some optimization on Lera's website to make sure it stays on the air and I just started a Patreon to support continued development of EQ2U. But yeah, it's hard when I don't play the game anymore. It astonishes me that the EQ2 team can look at the fact that are like 3 fan sites left and think that's perfectly normal.

Diablo 3 is definitely a lot more fun as far as just throwing together a build, putting on a 6 piece set, and deleting the entire screen. It's the game you can blast without having to focus too hard on not dying. You can push harder content but you don't get anything like the painful damage spikes and one-shot gotchas that D4 doles out if you aren't playing perfectly. D3 was relentlessly mocked for being too easy with insane statflation, so they went the other way with D4.

• Agree Agree x 2