1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Zones, Spawns, and Drops

Discussion in 'Census: EverQuest II' started by Quicktiger, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

I see there are collections for zones, spawns, and so on, but these seem to be very out of date. Is this something that can get a refresh? It's MOSTLY useful as it, if it just had modern data, I think.

2. Feldon

Feldon Guest

We got our first taste of this data a little over one year ago, however there have been no data exports beyond a few experimental exports done back then. We built a series of test pages and did extensive testing of the current Zone, Spawncamp, NPCTable, NPC, TreasureClass, ItemTable data structures and it all links up if you know what to look for. The format is formidably complex, but it allows an incredible view into Zone -> NPC -> Item drops far more detailed than what Zam showed.

I'm hoping once EQNL is launched that we can get some dev time on getting this finished.

3. Quicktiger

Quicktiger Guest

Yea, I saw the detail, and would be pleasantly pleased to see it accurate and updated :) Here's hoping

4. Evgeny

Evgeny Guest

Would be nice to have it up-to-date

5. Why does: /get/eq2/zone/?c:limit=100&c:start=0&c:hide=spawncamp_list still only return 58 zones? Other than there's only 58 zones in the database.. Am I looking in the wrong collections? I just want a complete list of zone Id and Name

6. These are the experimental exports done in January 2013. We haven't received any subsequent exports since then. I'm not sure if it's just a lack of time to finish the exporter or an internal discussion about us "knowing everything" about where things drop. Will update if I find out.

7. Hey Feldon, nice to hear from you again. I've been sidetracked this last year.

All I really want is a list of all Zone names and Ids, as you can see in my query snippet. Do you know of a source for that? Seems like there must be one since other applications like eq2.zam have more zones listed that 58.

8. Feldon

Feldon Guest

If there were a list of zone names and IDs somewhere, we'd use it. As it is for Quests we are having to hand-enter.

ZAM used to receive raw data files from SOE for about 2 years. Then that partnership dissolved and they stopped getting data.