1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Daybreak games shut down in 2 months?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. unclex

unclex New Member

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Ansom

Ansom Member

Well, the h1z1 collapse can easy be the reason about the layoffs.

3. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

Looks like H1Z1 team. In other words, pushed to console and abandon it. It says across all departments, though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Sad, but not unexpected.

Certainly the h1z1 implosion was a likely candidate for staff reductions.

I will also be surprised if any other underperforming titles are not also addressed, if even around the edges.

NOTE: Epstein may own DBG, but it' also likely CN was a source of funding. Since that facility is no longer available, then they are going to have to look at other sources, whom imagine, are going to be less than excited to get involved until this whole CN thing is clarified/resolved.

-> time to trim expenses to the bone and shed any underperforming assets.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Ansom

Ansom Member

Off course will across all departments, if was only h1z1 able to make enough money to support them

6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I've heard 30%.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Anyone want to lay odds whether another xpac will actually release, or whether this is the end?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Fyreflyte, the only developer open and talking to players on the TLE server has been fired.

Now the TLE server has ZERO ressources. The server with the most players with an active sub.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  9. Feldon

I'm hearing 40% of the company, across all games.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  10. Ansom

Ansom Member

hard to tell atm.

We don't know who get fired yet. Atm seems the head of marketing, and other people directly involved in h1z1. Just for remember.. h1z1 was around 150k average player, now is 8k. decreasing day after day. And now.. player seems able to play in f2p..

We don't know if the already slim eq2 team is involved in the layoff.

11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

So... I guess some funding got frozen from CN after all... so they have to thin the staff once again.... :eek:

A more realistic guess is the plunge of H1Z1 that is the cause... or a combination of both.

Great company ethics though... release H1Z1 on PS4 then fire the staff.. guess the bad support H1Z1 already had will be even worse now.

Damn, I think I need to run and buy more popcorns.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Rumors is saying Fyreflyte got fired on official forums.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

40%?

Wow.

That's likely 200 - 250 employees if company wide.

14. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

He was the guy that created items for live and redoing items for the TLE server. Maybe we can get a stat squish in 2020 now.

15. Feldon

The company right now has about 200-250 employees. 40% is 100.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying.

17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

That guy that apparently is the owner of DBG and totally isn't CN is doing a fantastic job running the company. It is almost like it was a shady investment firm owning DBG.... but it cannot be... DBG said so!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

So it'll be like 2015 again? Few if any executives let go, many workers though. And of course, first ones let go were the ones actually talking to players. -_-

Hey Henrik, you over at MassivelyOP, if you're going to copy/paste what is said here, try giving some credit, eh?

20. Feldon

The rumors were swirling last night around the industry but people didn't find out until today who was being let go.

From Elidroth on the FoH forums:

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2