1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I may get banned soon

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pouncer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

That thread continues to deliver.

I wonder if some day Danni will learn the difference between a personal attack and someone explaining to you all the logical fallacies you've just committed. I guess as soon as Sigrdrifa realizes that the Bug Tracker site probably hasn't been part of the EQ2 dev's workflow since Maevianiu (Dave Kish) left.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I knew it, deep down inside, you are a true optimist, Feldon!

<3

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I read that latest post from Breanna, sighed, and realized I just didn't have the energy to rehash things yet again.

There was misinformation, dishonesty in the form of asserting things were said that were not said, and an attempt to claim victim status.

So, since we know they come here, but choose to raise what is discussed here on the OF instead of here, how about we lay it out for them with 100% candor:

1. Criticising a person's argument is not the same thing as attacking the person.

2. Lying, deception, and misdirection are fair game to be challenged.

3. Facts > Opinion when asserting something as truth. One may have an opinion about things in light of the facts, but arguments that substitute opinion FOR facts are also fair game.

4. Hyprocrisy is fair game.

5. Engaging an argument or debate, and then claiming victim status when you get your ass handed to you so you can try and solicit a moderator to win for you is cheap, childish, un-honorable, and dishonest.

Questions?

Here we are!

Edit: I love to speculate (quite recklessly). When I do this, I clearly indicate that's exactly what I'm doing.

What I don't do is assert my speculations or predictions are truth, and I don't avoid or hide the facts as a way to persuade people to accept my view.

You have all be duly disclaimed.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

You fail to grasp some core concepts of bubble-gnomehood... if you're saying something in the game is good, you can't possibly be a troll, no matter what you do, say, or don't do or don't say.
    If you disagree with them, you are automatically a troll even, perhaps especially, if you use logic, reason, facts and examples to PROVE they're wrong. :p

• Winner Winner x 4
  5. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I believe Tekka described arguments/debates with bubble gnomes best: illustration purposes.

You're not gonna win an argument with a bubble gnome. They tend to be super ego-defensive (imo).

But you can use them to help others avoid being duped. Dishonesty, disrespect toward customers, and shady business practices have been the reasons why I feel compelled to post stuff over there. I still give the team kudos where they are due, but I'm not going to let a small army of vocal bubble gnomes help DBG employ shady tactics.

If someone likes the game and is ok with dbg's business practices, np!

Just don't come to the forums and spin a web of bullshit :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I, too, have sent praises if the devs do something right (by my standards) but I will also complain about things that effect me that I disagree with, but I do tend to hit like on stuff I agree with, even if it doesn't effect me in the game (since I rarely group or tank or raid unless with guildies/friends). Much of what is "improved" in game I never see or am concerned about as its above me. Mainly because I play my toon how I want to play her, not because of the perceived role for her.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Pouncer

Pouncer New Member

I think the funniest part is the devs, without even acknowledgment much less an apology, are supposedly fixing the issue with Tuesday's patch. Man do they look like complete douchebags.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

The note about the fix was also posted almost 2 hours later then the rest of the patch notes.. and AFTER players noted the lack of a fix in the notes..... again. The irony is thick.

A simple, we're looking into it. Followed by a 'yes, it's busted and we're working on a fix' would have done wonders....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. stach

stach Member

I have come to realize, that they will not admit to anything not working, unless they know for a fact it is not working, AND have a fix for it, AND know that it is not going to nerf something in the processes. Otherwise, they will ignore it and the customer base until they decide to fix it, if they can, and stealth patch it if it will nerf something.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I could be all kinds of biased with my memories, but it seems to me that stuff funneled to the engineers or art folks tends to get handled pretty darn quickly and without a lot of grief.

It's matters that fall under the responsibility of the designers that gets all the bitching, moaning, denials, silence, and push back (With the exception of Kaitheel - He's awesome).

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Haha.

Didn't take em long to delete Castegyre's post asking if it was ok if people posted their survey responses on the OF.

THAT would have been glorious :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They deleted the post asking if it was okay... rather the replying. *eye roll*
    Well, they didn't say 'no' or ask 'no'.. so CLEARLY it is okay.. right? =P

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

They didn't take down the screen shot of the survey questions either....I mean, the questions are right there, Mermut.

Just sayin.......you should go for it!

Just do it, Mermut. Just let it out. Let it ALL out.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Anyone got the mail and can share the link to the survey?

16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I cant, already took it. You would need a link from someone who hasn't taken it and once ONE person did, no one else could.

17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Awww, Dannni is reporting people on his alt account for pointing out he's Dannni.

He just can't help but fling himself into victim status. Totes adorbs.

(and just in case he pops in again: HI DANNNI!)

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lols. Didn't his alter ego claim he doesn't report people, because it's not his style?

He's fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

(s)he suuuuure did!

And I think I should mark this day down on the calendar, I got my first warning for- get this - trolling.

So I proceeded to point out to Roxxxly that not once did I troll, nor accuse Caffiend of trolling, but that Caffiend DID both call folks trolls AND call for them to be banned in the post that WASN'T deleted.

Then also pointed out that I do hope the rules will be applied evenly in this case.

We'll see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Welp, that means you are one Dannni/Breanna/Siggy report away from a week in time out.

Speaking from experience, pretty sure you'll live.

• Funny Funny x 2