1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I may get banned soon

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pouncer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It has been wonderful entertainment to watch Danni methodically transform his arguments (as he corners himself with circular, inconsistent logic and contradiction) even as he denies the old ones were crap, and all the while trying to play the victim so as to bait a moderator.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I read that as "Vogon"....

It's too early in the morning.....I neeeeeeed tea........

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Or start a discussion with Siggy... she hits that report button as soon as she is out of arguments.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I think ill be next:

from Dannni on Eq2 forums:
    “Its this defeatist attitude which will get you nowhere. 'I cant do something'... but did you try? 'no'. No one said you should solo the ka expert raids, get a 4 to 6 man group together and I think you will be surprised at what you can achieve in the old expert heroic / raid content. Who knows you might even have some fun. Or you can accept your failure before you've even started.”
    My response:

Perhaps you should accept you are NOT going to convince us you are right and go back to your raids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Step up your game, Tekka.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

If only it were that easy. You have to use Dannni as a tool, rather than try to argue directly against him or his buddy Breanna.

There is a level of dishonesty and playground mentality that you just can't argue against. But it is fantastic for illustrative purposes.

The title of that thread could just as easily be: A Demonstration on How to Fail a Discussion by Being a Dishonest Asshole.

I think my absolute favorite part of it is Dannni claiming ad hominem attacks against him because I, and a few others, quoted him -in context- to show he was contradicting himself at best, and flat out lying at the worst - as well as his friend Breanna.

In any case, it won't be too long before other folks need to take up the fight against the Bubble Gnomes once I lay down the mantle. Doomravin does a good job of it.

Or the game will shut down, and it all becomes moot.

Either way.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Stick around, Tekka. I hate to see forum friendlies leave. Heck, if you were on my server, I would put you on friend list just to *wave* when you logged on, but not ask to group with my sub-par dpsing SK who is talked about on Discord *grins*

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I doubt if I'll be back to the OF after I'm let out of time out.

I'l be suprised if the game survives another year, and even if it does, it's likely to be an even worse version.

I've said everything I want to say anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I still try to be supportive to the new players, as rare as they are.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  10. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

That thread is just astonishing. RadarX wouldn't have given a free ride to people who attack other players just because they defend Our Dear Leaders -- I mean the dev team.

Danni seems to not understand that pointing out the argument fallacies of another party is not itself an ad hominem attack. Danni also seems to think it is perfectly ok to play the game without a subscription but lambast others as cheapskates.

Siggy claims that the 3rd party DGC issue tracker "feeds into the same system as the /bug feature" without any evidence or inside information that such is the case. All we know for sure is that the last time an EQ2 developer marked an issue resolved on the site was 1 year ago, and they only resolved a half dozen issues in the 6 months prior to that.

You guys almost got me to login. ALMOST.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Feldon

Also my philosophy on subs being "not enough" to continue development, if $280/year is not enough to make a fun game, we need to have a serious discussion about how long to keep the ventilator on.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I agree with you 100 percent. I have said it myself on the EQ2 forums as well more than once. Not only because it is the truth, but also in response to bubble gnomes telling us to suck it up and be grateful.

As I have told the bubble gnomes many times, if EQ2 were a charity and we were not asked to spend any money on it, I would agree that we didn't have a right to complain, but since it is a profit making business I will complain until the cows come home if I think it is warranted.

I think the ventilator should have been turned off a few expansions ago to be honest. I had to be pushed to my ultimate level of tolerance before I awoke from my eq2 coma and came to terms with reality.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Feldon

The whole thing is a shame really. I knew that things would get really tough after the Columbus Nova Jason Epstein some guy in his basement buyout and huge layoffs. I knew the number of devs left was below the minimum number needed to ship the type of expansions players were used to. But I thought that the EQ2 team would realize that their main asset is their customers and that they need to come to an "we're all in this together" mindset. Instead, they became xenophobic and hostile and doubled down on unpopular policies and game design approaches. Instead of making lemonade, the devs have rubbed the lemons into existing wounds and made them sting even more.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Idk. They've always approached customers this way (especially from Georgeson on). It's just more glaringly obvious now that the quality of the game has become as bad as it has.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I've recently gone on to play other games, but I did play on your server, and you've even run into my character a few times.

-starts the Jeopardy music-

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Okay, well, I hope you will come back just to visit or to see how worse it gets there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Danni is a troll and I treated them as such....ignored completely. Don't feed the troll unless you are a troll poker (I think Tekka is a troll poker/bubble gnome squeezer (cos you can't burst their bubble)).

Siggy's claim was funny I thought. I said it in another thread, but as if they would let a third party database send data to their internal database.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Guilty as charged.

Bubble Gnome Squeezer. I like that. I'm keeping it!

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

First you trademark "bubble gnome", now you're pilfering "bubble gnome squeezer".

You have no shame, Tekka.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

If you keep the title, you get to keep the bubble gnomes too! And you have to feed them and water them and keep their bubbles moist and so on or the ASPCG will be on your rear so fast YOu will be blowing bubbles out of it! :)