1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What would it take for you to feel confident/optimistic about the future of EQ2 again?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Another perspective... In GW2 the guild I am in currently have 127 people logged in playing... that is mid-day EU time. Peak is not until later tonight. The guild I am in is not even close to be a large one in GW2.

The PQ style fights in GW2 goes on ALL THE TIME on different maps. Thousands and thousands are doing them. Guess what... ZERO LAG... the client NEVER crashes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

I remember someone brought up Battlefield 4 on a thread in the EQ2 forums, someone replied that Battlefield 4 isn't an MMO. I was too lazy to login at the time, but I wanted to reply that BF4 supports 64 players which is more than EQ2's public quest zones allow for. :p

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Interesting as pre-alpha was only open to those that had pledged at the $1000 USD or greater level wasn't it ?

Bad thing about retirement is that I have to budget so I have a lower level pledge :(

4. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

yes, 1k or greater, 4 servers, limited to 100 per server. so, that's 400,000 pledged minimum. kilsin said they actually had enough backers to open 5 servers, but the fifth was dedicated to the 10k pledges only, and it's still running apparently. no idea what the numbers are on that server.

TBH some days like today i'd rather be retired.

• Informative Informative x 1