1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What would it take for you to feel confident/optimistic about the future of EQ2 again?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I think they do need some calm down and be happy pills. So do we sometimes. Happy pills for everyone! Hold the lobotomy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

At this point for me it's too far gone. I can't ever see me coming back full time to play nor ever buying a new expansion or subbing. I pop in during holidays to get new recipes "just in case", but even decorating isn't what it used to be for me. Part of that was making most of my own stuff. Now to make everything you really have to be a raider and top level. My play style is casual non-raider with more of a TS and Deco focus and solo questing. The last 2 expansions prior to PoP slowly killed the fun of the game for me and I don't think there's anything they could do to fix it now short of what Feldon suggested above which isn't going to happen.

I'm back in LOTRO at the moment and really enjoying it. It's around the same age as EQ2 yet it's thriving from what I can tell. Towns have people in them, chat is active, twitter is active with LOTRO tweets, etc. Most importantly I can slowly quest my way around Middle Earth and TS. Deco is limited but is there as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

*gentle boops of sympathy*

Over on EQ1 forums, Roxxlyy's proving to be just as bad as RadarX.

Her response over the recent wave of suspensions was little more than Holly taking a dump in her hands and writing "pls follow rules" on the wall in ****. She let threads devolve so she can lock them, or ignores them completely. Constructive posts asking why the suspensions being deleted, but "lol you're a cheater" mocking posts are left. Zero acknowledgement or accountability from Daybreak for not only letting an exploit persist for so many years, but they used it as a honeypot to catch and punish players first before fixing it the same day.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fishy Fishy x 2
  4. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Roxxlyy is horrid.

In the case of EQ2, what has the EQ2 team got to be proud of? Alienating their player base and destroying a once great game? Delivering half an expansion full of bugs and charging the same prices? I noticed they had time to develop PG's which no one wanted and launch another TLE server though.

Our words are wasted on them. All they understand is a tightly closed wallet. /end rant

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

I said this over in the TS thread here, but I'll repeat it here...
    They are locking down on ANYTHING negative on the official forums, but let things devolve enough with no moderation until they can just ban accounts outright. That is their idea of "Community Manager" or "Community Relations". Where they can't outright ban, like me, since I've behaved there and don't post everything I'd like to, but I will go ahead and "Like" posts that I agree with, even if I don't comment.

Well, DBG and their community manager does NOT enjoy seeing negative posts "Liked", so they have removed my privilege to "Like" a post. No comment on it, no message saying it was being removed, it is just gone.

Bunch of stupid hypocrites at DBG who do NOT know anything about ANY aspect of the game, and are more interested in demonstrating their "Control" then actually being involved and maintaining communications with the players. And no, Discord as an official channel is wrong. The discord channel with ANY DBG employees having mod privileges is wrong. They have an official forum. Stay there.

At least here I can still like posts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  6. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

What? Again? a-la Dungeon Maker? /eyeroll

IDK what the exploit is/was this time but it's a repeating pattern. While they discuss whether there's any advantage in letting the "new feature" stay, they say nothing. Then whammo, one shot kill the feature and designate it an exploit.

What's bugging me now is, as I move my alts through the Signature quest, it's obvious that they have no intention of ever telling us the rules. So in the absence of being able to reason about the rules, we're basically in a toilet of toxic uncertainty. What I mean is, the Fount Buff (in solos). Yeah it's great. Stuff doesn't one shot you. But have you considered the math of it? Why did they do it like that? And if they can one shot you without it... then what's the point of Resolve? By 370 Resolve I can ignore 80% of the damage (or so it seems), but without the buff, same resolve, I get one shotted. So resolve isn't resolve anymore. We're also way over-resolved by the time we get to Heroics, IF we qualify for them at all with minimum 50k potency and 20 million health (about double that for tanks). Also they haven't confirmed that tooltips are correct, although they promised to fix that when the expac came out.

How can they say anyone's exploiting anything in a situation like that? IRL if you sign up for a scientific experiment, you get paid a stipend and you know what you're in for. Where's my stipend?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Solo zones don't use resolve.
    If you check the buff on the mob, they all have massive hits that are ignored by toons with the font of power buff.

My guess as to the 'why'.. is to save time. The solo zones have the exact same mobs as the heroic zones, just with different buff packages. I'm guessing this took less time then making different non-heroic mobs. And we all know that EQ2 is way understaffed.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

It's also a clever way around a problem that became obvious with solo zones as potency started to skyrocket. They would go from "tough but doable" to "LOL facefoll in sleep"...but the Font buff makes the differences in gear relatively minimal. I'd be surprised of the challenge slope was nearly as fast a dropoff this time around.

I'm not fond of Cashgrab Games, but I'll give credit where I feel it's due--this was a clever solution to that problem.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

What's wrong with a Ban Notice being your one and only notification that an exploit exists?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 2
  10. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

The simple answer, is there is nobody at DBG understands that just randomly upping the power of toons and mobs is NOT the way to make things interesting.

There is no reason to even HAVE the Fount Buff. Just create the solo's properly in the bloody first place.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
  11. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

100% disagree. It was lazy and stupid and only shows that the employee's at DBG don't give a damn about the game.

12. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

Well I agree it was a quick and easy solution and I can't blame them for that. It just falls back into the well of miasma around the stats and rules in general. But I accept that explanation for why the solos are like that.

I don't like it though. There's enough mechanics to keep it from being faceroll ever. And toward the end of KA, I was grateful I could do the solos without a merc and blow through them for my weekly reward. It felt accomplished. It felt like I had done my homework and could now goof off, or go work on my epic 2..

I'm not quite so focused on the dailies now that it's the other way. And my stats and gear do matter. My warlock with epic 2, tome and PG adorns can still blow through mobs (as well he should for all that work).. without a merc. My alts, again, don't have a hope in the world for this. After a while, my tank will, but that's because I'm dedicated to doing what needs to be done to get her up to speed. I don't care if it takes all year. I will have at least one other option to play at endgame, or bust.

So far, I haven't found a lot that's totally game breaking and when I did, it was fixed or changed pretty fast. I do feel like we're the QA department though. And "not game breaking" should not be interpreted to mean I'm enjoying all aspects of it. Perhaps I"m just too stubborn, but I didn't return just to leave again. I have to have some hope. Discussing what's wrong is hopeful. Shutting down discussion on the official forums is just toxic.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  13. Malleria

Malleria Member

Heh, just came off my last weeks suspension from the forums and appears I've lost the ability to like posts as well. Pathetic really. That's what happens when you put a child in power.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. Feldon

There are obviously problems at Daybreak and with EQ2, but please refrain from repeating the same "this company is ****, the staff are idiots" etc.

15. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

So, ignore the childishness? Okay..
    Bye bye

16. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

You should be able to criticize without insulting and name-calling....

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I appreciate and respect what Feldon is saying with regard to criticism.

I think many of us have gone past reaching the end of our rope and feel we have exhausted ourselves with providing constructive feedback over the last 13 yrs only to be largely ignored or overly censored.

Thank you Feldon for allowing us to come here to vent and/or share ideas etc. I realize you don't want this site to become EQ2 Flames.

I guess we need to swallow our bitterness and sadness and remember the old adage "if you can't say something nice (or in this case constructive), don't say any thing at all." Love you Feldon :).

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

If I recall, the unbuffed health pool on my pally (tot) was 6 or 7mm.......

40mm health pool for tanks?

19. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

This data was before the Collector was nerfed a bit: Plane of Innovation: Masks of the Marvelous (Heroic) | EverQuest 2 Forums

I think you'd probably get static as a tank if your health wasn't at least in the 30 millions and the whining wouldn't stop until it was in the 40 millions. It's just the amount of damage. Wards can reduce that a bit, but not as much as before. Elsewhere on the forums you have priests discussing bleedthrough. Interesting reading if you're considering a tank.

In mid-December, there were threads about the damage done by the mobs in that zone which was wiping out tanks who already had 45 million health back then.

20. Feldon

I don't believe in that expression at all.

I want people to post the truth. The "Daybreak sucks" and "the devs are idiots" is just lazy writing when there is so much that can and should be written. People have been posting detailed writeups of the horseshit that players must now endure and I'm thankful that we have a place to post that. As I said in another thread, we are writing EQ2's post-mortem. But do personal attacks contribute anything?
    I have no problem with your sentiments or the specifics of BS you are pointing out. I've been criticizing the direction of SOE, Daybreak, and EQ2 for 9 years and managed to avoid name-calling. It just takes a little creativity.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1