1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to intellectual honesty?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Benito, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I get to be an altar boy? FREAKING SWEET!!

I'm gonna eat all the crackers and drink all the grape juice to celebrate this stunning display of intellectual honesty!**

**To be fair, I did wave the poking stick first, and got exactly the response I expected. I knew I recognized that name!

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  2. Benito

Benito Banned

I appreciate your history. It seems like you are not a lawyer so you don't have experience with the rigors of court and evidence.

You may formulate your theories in much more reasonable fashion: qualified language, hedges, nuance, acknowledgement of limitations, and other rhetorical devices to distinguish truth from opinion.

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

No, no. I lurk here to watch for just such an opportunity to poke you in the eye with a stick.

I never log out. *stares*

❤️

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) - Sterling Hayden as Brig. Gen. Jack D. Ripper - IMDb

Wasn't George. But still a great actor!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I knew playing EQ2 in 2020 was bad for your health, but if this is what my mental state will end up like if I continue playing the game, I am not sure its worth the risk.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Benito

Benito Banned

I agree. Gillymann has become the Alex Jones of EQ2.

[​IMG]

• Fishy Fishy x 2
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Is this the intellectual part, or the honest part?

Inquiring minds and all that.

I love me a cute frog.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Benito

Benito Banned

Great questions to ask Gillymann.

Without a shred of hard evidence, Gillymann has created a convoluted conspiracy theory that Daybreak/Darkpaw actively and consciously swindles poor EQ2 players out of their hard earned cash through systematic nerfs and selling of power on the marketplace.

I mean he even used statistical reasoning to back it up. It's like a conspiracy theorist saying 9/11 was an "inside job" because, due to my statistical reasoning, jet fuel can't melt steel. o_O

9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

No, no. This isn't about Gillymann or whatever evidence and statistics he has, or has not, presented.

The question is about you as a self proclaimed paladin of intellectual honesty.

Which part of the questionably done meme is the intellectual bit, and which part is the honest bit?

The blatant attempt at a character smear (after asserting only the most good faith intentions) aside.

Take your time, I'll wait.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Benito

Benito Banned

Someone can't handle a good natured joke. Are you suffering from cognitive dissonance because I can fire witty references better than you? Are you afraid?

No doubt, I am not in a friendly venue so I might as well have some fun. Intellectual honesty is more about facing whatever sh*t (ridiculous or not) comes at you rather than tucking tail and putting people on ignore. Gillymann tucked tail and ignored me on the official forums - very sad.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  11. Benito

Benito Banned

Funny that Tekka would suddenly be so concerned about decorum.

12. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Your Trumpesque projection and whataboutism is quite something.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

There's the next buzzword, in less that 5 posts. I'm on a roll today. Also, you used cognitive dissonance improperly.

Actually, this venue is quite friendly. We disagree with one another politely and vigorously fairly often - though less so, since like the game itself, interest and activity has dropped off.

You're also using intellectual honesty/dishonesty incorrectly. It's not about facing criticism (or ****, in your parlance) you brought on yourself. It is the ability to put aside your own personal opinion and belief about <thing> in pursuit of facts.

I've said it before, and continue to stand by it: I'd rather be correct than right.

But do carry on.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  14. Benito

Benito Banned

This is not a friendly forum. It is even better: it is a circle jerk.

15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

HAHAHAHA!! Nice try.

I've NEVER been the decorous one. Ever. I will straight up kick you in the nonos with words, politely. If not for my respect for the posters here, and Feldon, I'd use a lot more profanity when I did it, though.

Most of the rest of the posters here have far better manners than I do.

16. Benito

Benito Banned

You explain yourself too much now. No need to kowtow.

17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Given your history, I can see where you'd confuse respect and being polite with obsequious deference, it's still kinda sad, though.

Keep going! I've got all the crackers and grape juice I need, perks and all that.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Benito

Benito Banned

Just having some fun. Glad I can finally sh*t on Tekka directly.

19. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

But im a female, so do I just flash people? I don't have a BOB, sorry.

Note: BOB is a Battery Operated Boyfriend

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  20. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

And you're not here for any kind of useful conversation. You're here to show your ass and strut about like you're a genius level debater with the facts on your side. You're not.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2