1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to intellectual honesty?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Benito, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yep, they missed out on a fair bit of money from me here. There are quite a few LON items that I want and would have happily got the card out for if they had been offered. But no way, no how will I buy a pack and gamble on the outcome, let alone however many packs it would take to eventually get what I wanted.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I got lucky and got what I wanted for my main so I guess I did sacrifice enough halfling rangers to the range gods!

3. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I haven't seen any new posts from Benito, did he take the weekend off?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

He reads as a semi-intelligent person who doesn't try to comprehend what someone else posts. He DOES fit the "Bubble Gnome" quite well. My sympathy to his friends, guildies and family.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  7. Benito

Benito Banned

• Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

And that's it. Continuing to subject people to lies and all 15 logical fallacies is not what I signed up for. If forum activity slows because the cat fight is over, I'll live with that. If folks want to leave these forums because of my choice to ban Benito, then I'm sorry to hear that. But enough is enough.

This individual has had 10 times more opportunity to vent their spleen than they have a right to.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but you've been far more lenient with him than I would have been in your place (rather than in the pits poking him with a stick). You have to balance the community with your own personal feelings, and I think you've done a good job.

He's done nothing but spew vitriol and venom at folks here, whether they respond to him, or ignore him. And he's made it clear he has no intention of stopping. He knows he can do it, because this ISN'T the OF, he took advantage of the open discourse and good will of the community.

Am I the pot calling the kettle black? Probably, but even my village idiot ass knows when to calm the <edited for content> down.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Anyone walking around with a Tekka size chip on their shoulder, well, unless they're a power lifter in training they really need to put that down before they hurt themselves.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  11. Feldon

One of our forum rules:
    The official forums have frequently rewarded those who skirt the rules and endlessly sh!tpost and antagonize others while driving away extremely knowledgeable posters who sometimes crossed the line because of how passionate they were. Sometimes you have to step back and evaluate the value that each poster brings to a forum before making a decision.

Benito brings nothing to our community -- or the official forums for that matter.

• Agree Agree x 10
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

She's also extremely shady and no doubt has a shank on her at all times.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I disagree, Feldon. He bring strife, disharmony and a cr*pload of cr*p with him to sling at other people, just like the more primitive primates do. It was time to put him in his cage and lock the door and throw away the key. Just keep an eye out on any new people who sign up and start spewing out posts of worthless argumentative drivel.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Feldon

Another account with a similar IP? It couldn't just be another Republican EQ2 player from the same region?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

OMG.

Was I actually right about Oranito? If you can't divulge, that's fine. I don't need confirmation of my sooper sekrit psychic abilities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Feldon

Comparing IP addresses isn't exactly exculpatory but I see no commonality in those two forum accounts. It's very plausible that people will join who disagree with us and feel we overstate EQ2's woes. I'll certainly be watching for writing style. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Oranorn

Oranorn New Member

I'm still here, and I'm Canadian! :p
    It was sort of insulting that you called me Oranito!
    All I can say is, Fukka off. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You'll have to excuse Tekka, she's got 18 different meds to take and she likes to give the Court the finger.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I know, and I actually quite enjoy boisterous discussions and disagreements. It's a lot more entertaining than sitting around agreeing with one another all day.

I fess up when I'm wrong. In this case, I apologize for the insult and welcome to the Wire. I hope your stay here is both longer, and more pleasant than that of the 'ito'.

Also, I see that you have used the correct Tag. I shall have to come up with some ridiculously over done fusion dance, a la Dragon Ball.

-cackles-

• Like Like x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  20. Feldon

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2