1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to intellectual honesty?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Benito, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

That's because slot machines and other games of chance are regulated by state gaming commissions. For example, in Nevada, these games are REQUIRED to pay-out 92% (or something like that) of what they take in, all monitored by a chip in the machines.

You may recall the NJ gaming commission shut down a third of Trump's slots on opening night. That was because machines were not set to minimum required pay-outs.

Games like poker or black jack, even craps are not included because they are classified as games of skill.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Who's upset?

I understand perfectly what you said. I know how the system works, I've been subscribed off and on to EQ and EQ2 from 2001 to 2017.

You clearly don't understand what I'm talking about.

There are services, beyond basic game access, that require a recurring subscription - as in, card on file, active, not cancelled - to be able to utilize.

I'm not sure how much clearer I can state that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Benito

Benito Banned

I am pre-empting the "we'll get upset with each other" because we have a history.

EverQuest does not include any services beyond All Access subscription. (DBC is not a recurring function).

EverQuest follows the payment model of most car insurance and magazine subscriptions: prepay the term, cancel to end auto charge, and may/may not receive prorated refund upon request. But, if you cancel before the end of the term, you still keep the service for that term (unless refunded). You are allowed to remove the card on file for Daybreak in the middle of the term since you've already paid.

EverQuest does not follow the payment model of most cellular providers and utilities: canceling ends all services (to remove card on file) and maybe you're out the remainder of your term.

Perhaps, we have different experiences (your local companies' policies support cancellations means end of service).

Regardless, its beside the point, because parents ought not to keep recurring subs for their children with a propensity to charge the card (given there is no built in childproof mechanism).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  4. Benito

Benito Banned

RTP in Nevada is 75%. RTP is rarely public information.

Daybreak already kind of does a minimum payout if you buy the Mithril/Platinum Familiar Cage set. Perhaps, gaming companies can implement loot boxes along with "guaranteed" bundles.

5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I've not ever been upset, history or no, but you do you.

I specified --EQ2--, which does have services that DO require a recurring subscription, meaning if you subscribe and cancel (no matter how many months are paid) you cannot access those services. Customers have complained about it for years.

Funny you should mention DBC, I remember a whole lot of irate customers who purchased a year subscription when it went on sale, and lost the balance of their DBC when they cancelled.

I don't know why you keep bringing up utilities and cell phones, it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Just post the odds of winning. No bundles, no gimmicks. Just straight up chance to win "x" category, chance to win "y" category, etc.

A posted list of what's in each category and let the player choose what they want from the category if they win to avoid stacking more rng.

P.s. thanks for correcting me on nevada.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

A perfect illustration of what NOT to do would be what DBG did when they shut down LoN.

Customers begged for essentially what you've outlined here - allow them to purchase a pack and choose the reward from a preset list, or just buy the LoN items individually.

Instead, they put them in lotto packs, without removing the really useless **** first.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Benito

Benito Banned

When I said EverQuest, I meant both games. What service on EQ2 requires a credit card on file?

9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

They have changed the rules on gifting since life subs came out.

Changes to Gifting - Coming April 16, 2019 | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Because he never actually says anything.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Holy crap, they finally listened! Or else they never managed to fix whatever that requirement kept breaking, either way, credit where it's due. Thank you for the information! (As I've said, I prefer to be correct, rather than right)

Have they also addressed that requirement for transfer tokens?

See above. If those restrictions have been lifted, then the need for recurring subscription has been eliminated. Credit where it's due.

However, I stand by the idea that gambling/lotto mechanics in games should be regulated. And it has nothing to do with whether or not it affects children, or if children play these games. That is an entirely different subject that I have notably unpopular opinions on - which, as it happens, includes a lot of profanity.

12. Benito

Benito Banned

Why does it always devolve into passive-aggressive trolling (Zynt)?

It's like I am a fan of one sports team on the social media boards of a rival sports team.

13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

^

Plus, it's not trolling if it's true.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Benito

Benito Banned

Calling it a night. Not feeding the trolls.

• Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

But feeding the trolls can be fun! Why so many here respond to the trolls!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

For Server to Server it is not required (according to the FAQ).

For Account to Account, the language is a little fuzzy, so I couldn't tell you.
    "・Both accounts must be active and in good standing." Couldn't tell you what the "in good standing" means in DPG/DBG speak though.
    A logical person would probably say something like, not banned, not under disciplinary measures, or fully paid up.

Where can I find EverQuest II character transfer instructions?

18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Ftfy:

19. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Benito is taking a roundabout way of saying "if you fudge or remove your credit card details, then your account will stay active until the next billing cycle". This is vs. contacting Daybreak and asking them to immediately deactivate.

20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Why do you keep going on about Everquest? This is an EQ2 forum.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1