1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of the healing changes?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Wurm, May 9, 2017.

1. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Not enough testing to be sure just yet.

Friend said bind wounds is totally worthless now though.

2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Why they would nerf an out of combat heal that way is truely baffling...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Sounds like the monks aren't too impressed with the change either.

I do know that it seems that my group heal isn't as affective as it once was, but since I hardly ever use act it is hard for me to tell.

4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They seem to have hit all non-healer heals. It probably hurts SKs and Zerkers the worst, since those classes rely on their self-heals to stay alive while tanking.. it's how they work. Most other non-healer classes with heals.. the heals are bonus, not integral.
    And, still, no fixes for the real issue with heals... those faced by HEALERS.

5. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I agree and if this is the beginning to their "class balancing" act, we are off to a bad start.

6. Caam

Caam Member

It looks like the percentage-based heals are part of the new battlegrounds system. The patch notes for the game update include a note saying that all heals/wards in the proving grounds are percentage based. I suspect that they just rolled that code back to the main game for the percentage based heals for classes that had them. I am disappointed that they decided to nerf some of them rather than figure out modifier values that keep them fairly close to the current values.

As for the monks (I play one), they have an AA that modifies the heal percentage. I checked and the AA does not affect the displayed percentage any longer. I don't know if it's a display issue or if the AA is now useless. I submitted a /bug and I hope that it is just a bug. If the bug fixes the issue, the new percentage will be much closer to the original (pre-nerf) value.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I've been closely watching my heals and my group heal is next to useless now, I used to be able to top the group's health off during fights with it at grandmaster, now their health only moves a sliver. Not happy about this at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

If they EVER change 'regular' healing to work the way it does in PGs, they' can pretty much guarantee the death of the game as healers disappear from the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Oh huzzah...from tomorrow's patch notes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

gotta love a mid expac healing change. good stuff.

11. Caam

Caam Member

This one is mind-bogglingly bad.

Essentially, there was a broken healing mechanic for the shaman classes that was causing a damage reduction. As such, they increased MOB damage to account for the broken mechanic. Because of this, the other priests got kicked to the curb as the damage increase led to MOBs one-shotting people. Now they've fixed it and they're scrambling to undo all of the changes to the now broken encounters.

In the meantime, unless you have OP shamans, your tanks are going to be dying a lot more than expected. And I expect their "changes" are going to be untested major adjustments that are going to take weeks to sort out, if they ever get sorted out considering the quality of their "testing" these days.