1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Weapons That Level

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So... Weapons that Level and other fun systems.

eq2_grind.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

But epic 2.0 will remain BiS, so why bother with the leveling weapons if you got that?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Malleria

Malleria Member

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though. It wasn't popular in EQ1 years and years ago. Why try it again?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

My guess: epic 2.0s won't be BIS by default, but will themselves become leveling weapons. Bonus points if you need to feed them leveled weapons in order to level them. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

More evidence for my theory that LoTRO and EQ2 are sharing a brain. :\

6. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

And the crossbow is one per account... :confused:

7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Did you guys know you can pre-order and get into beta?

Pretty sure they only mentioned that 87 times.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Also, despite the impression they were trying yo create, if history is any measure, when they don't show us much, its because they don't have much to show us.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Seadar

Seadar New Member

LOL weapon xp potions here we come. Oh and DBL weapon, Merc, and familiar xp events to go with Adventure, Ascension, and Tradeskill xp.

LFG Channel "Conjy 600 Resolve, 50,000 Pot, Level 10 Merc, Level 5 weapon, Level 8 Familiar LFG Expert Heroics"

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I hate the wow artifact system and now they add it to EQ2.

Blah.

11. Malleria

Malleria Member

Sounds like you level the weapons by breaking down other weapons. I wonder if that's the "use" Kander said 2 handed weapons would have in the expac? :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I think all these various leveling systems could be very interesting and fun. Except when it gets to a point where I'm not welcome in groups unless I have them "finished." It's the fear of not being relevant enough that makes it scary. I can't always play as much as I want. Ultimately, any MMO game is "bottomless" but if there is a completion state, then the community might start to demand that everyone they play with should have it completed. If I can spend two hours a day on it and remain relevant to the point of being welcome in groups, I'm happy. Um, that includes my alts, or at least one alt besides my main. Heh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chocoholic

Chocoholic New Member

It didn't work the way i thought it would in LotRO, just sayin' .... this not sounding good for you guys ...

14. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

As a fan of the Darksiders games I kinda like the idea. It beats selling the weapons to the vendor for 50 gold... (after you made all the infusers you can use of course). It all depends on how its implemented. Of course /beta has to finally work before I can test it :p

15. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

This is it exactly. These mechanics create an uncanny valley between casuals and hard core, that seems impassable. It's not that it's 'hard', it just takes tons more time that a lot of people do not have to commit to this. And there is no in between. Either you are completed and can group or you are not completed and no one will take you regardless of game requirements because they don't want to 'carry' you. I never mind carrying people, but it's been a long while since I was up closer to the lead dog. Never was the lead dog, but I've followed several that would carry people far more than is available today.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

After trying it, it isn't a grind at all. You take the unwanted weapons you'd normally transmute / salvage / send to the vendor and turn it into a ball of magic. You click on the ball and it upgrades the chosen weapon instantly.

No grinding necessary and it give you another option to get rid of crap you wouldn't use anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

can you infuse each tier of the weapons you ball?

18. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

If you ball the same weapon again after infusing them, do they become uninfused?

19. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I'd love to answer that (and your other question) but I haven't seen any infusers so far in beta. (Thats right not one single infuser drop so far and I think I've killed all of the overland names more than once... in fact they actually drop really nice gear, I'm even using a few pieces).

and it seems to work like this.

0 / 1000

each weapon gives 100

when you hit 1000 the stats increase.

So 10 weapons per level.

It might even be considered a extra infusing level but I think the devs need to answer that.

So maybe Deity / Physical / Bonus / Ball ?

20. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

As long as you can infuse your balls, I'm in.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1