1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Upgrades based on resolve?

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Regolas, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Regolas

Regolas New Member

Right now, with multiple xpacs at 100, the upgrade option search is limited.

If you could just show all higher resolve items, it would be a lot better, although not perfect as it'd still show the trash loot with high resolve

2. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Changing the item upgrade search from Stamina to Resolve. hmm...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I wish they put the resolve number on the icon in game, so you can see the items at a glance.

4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Once you have enough resolve, potency is much more important...
    Unless you're in DIRE need of resolve (or perhaps resists) there is no reason to wear 100 pot jewelry

5. Regolas

Regolas New Member

Agree but the current system isn't that sophisticated either...it seems it does it on stamina amounts. It suggests items less superior now. At least resolve is a true reflection of tiers.

6. Feldon

Correct. The item upgrade system on EQ2U is stamina-based. If we changed it to Resolve or some other stat, it would impact the usefulness of this feature for Stormhold players.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

lawl since when did that matter?

8. Feldon

I got messages when I changed Gear Report to use Resolve instead of Stamina.

9. Inire

what, like, three complaints?

10. Feldon

That's usually how EQ2U works. There's a bug and 2 years later I get ONE e-mail. I'm like WTF didn't people tell me sooner. I figure when I get 2-3 e-mails that constitutes an idea that hundreds of people had but couldn't be bothered to click the Contact Us button.

Btw I've gotten over a dozen contacts about a Quest Tracker feature.

11. Inire

quest tracker? what's that

12. Feldon

It does your Epic 2.0 for you. #alternativefacts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Inire

nice that will save me time.

hope it tradeskills for me too, cause omg.

14. Regolas

Regolas New Member

So can you put an "if" code in it for level 100 armor only to use resolve...and then Stormhold can have their stinky stamina.

Or if there is resolve on it, compare that...otherwise STA.

Plenty of other options, although I have no idea if they're feasible

15. Feldon

Adding the option is fairly easy. Rewriting all the item upgrade code, which is some of the earliest code written on EQ2U, to support some other stat besides Stamina, could be hard or contain potential pitfalls.