1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Update frequency for queries against various tables

Discussion in 'Census: Planetside 2' started by Lessonteacher, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Anyone got any clue about the time for refresh of some of the tables. For example I am retrieving data for outfit members initially something like the following
    https://census.daybreakgames.com/s:soe/get/ps...r_characters_stat_history(stat_name,all_time)

However, it seems the online status for example refreshes often, where the other stats like xp and score don't. I noticed the same showing on other sites and wondered if anyone knows the frequency at which those stats would update. Im live updating the data and i would rather just do the online_status on its own if its updated every nSeconds or nMinutes where the other details like score and kills for example are very slow to update for me(at least with the above parms)...

Also, does anyone even use this forum and if not is there a more active place to find information that is useful?

2. Bullet0Storm

Bullet0Storm Guest

Bump
    I just finished programming an script that would show who can (resources) pull a sunderer,
    but the stats are not changing for some members like my own account.
    <span style="color: #ff0000">Broken: http://census.daybreakgames.com/get/ps2:v2/characters_currency/?character_id=5428010618035982689
    I'll check again during prime time for other "old accounts" our newer members don't seem to have that problem

I have no idea what the update rate is, and honestly I would like to see some data like refresh rate and last refresh so I can make my app fetch data at lastSyncTimestamp+refreshTime+1 (for online members)

Cheers,
    Bullet 0 Storm

3. Bullet0Storm

Bullet0Storm Guest

Ignore that previous broken claim, it's working now, I'm still figuring this out

4. airmetforums

airmetforums Guest

Short answer--it's complicated and I don't really know myself without doing research on each data type. Different data types update at different frequencies depending on what is actually backing the data. Most data types are backed by databases. Dozens of different databases. Different types of data are cached by the game for different amounts of time depending on efficiency requirements.

The stats data types for a given character may not update in as long as a half hour (don't remember exactly). In an ideal world the stats data would be written to the databases as soon as it changed. Unfortunately this would bring the databases to their knees since stats change constantly.

Character records are updated more frequently, I think I remember 10 minutes but I'm not sure and the game team could have changed this.

On the other hand some data types are backed by queries to running game server processes which have the data in memory and so are always absolutely up to date (characters_online_status and characters_friends).